Author Topic: Thomas Nash  (Read 743 times)

Offline alan o

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Nash
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 December 18 10:15 GMT (UK) »
The sleeve badge looks to me to be the crossed sabres rather than rifles so he is not a marksman but a physical training instructor.

The cavalry also used the badge as a qualification but I can't see any spurs or anything else cavalry-wise on him.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 December 18 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alan

That does seem more likely as both my uncle and mother said he was a PTI and only just made it as he was on the limit of height. The RAPTI has a crown over the sabres but the photo isn't clear enough to tell the difference between the badges. I am now even more confused but tend to lean towards the PTI.

Thankyou
Wendy47
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline alan o

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 December 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
The cap and shoulder badges used by the PT Corps had a crown whilst the crownless version is correct for a trade badge that was worn on the arm.