Author Topic: William Jardine and Elizabeth McKellar  (Read 871 times)

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Jardine and Elizabeth McKellar
« on: Wednesday 21 November 18 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Good evening.  I am in the throes of drawing up a family tree for three nephews, for Christmas. I am delighted that as they have reached their thirties and forties and have families of their own, they and my own sons have become more interested in the family story.   I have come to a fairly large wall with William Jardine, born Mudies Land, Kirkintilloch on 27 February 1864 to Peter Grant Jardine and Elizabeth Stark.  He married Elizabeth McKellar, born Kirkintilloch 5 May 1864, at Kirkintilloch on 25 September 1885. They have a son, Peter Grant Jardine, born 24 June 1886 at Kirkintilloch.  On the 1891 census William, Elizabeth and Peter, aged 4, are living at 7 Ruchill Street, Glasgow (Barony Parish, Quod Sacra Maryhill)  William is an Iron Moulder.  I can find no further trace of the family and I wonder if anyone can help.  The very prolific Jardine family has been a joy to research as many of them remained in Kirkintilloch but William and Elizabeth have escaped me and I would greatly appreciate any help.  Thank you in anticipation.  isk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: William Jardine and Elizabeth McKellar
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 November 18 23:36 GMT (UK) »
They appear to have left Scotland for England and in 1901 can be found living in Northamptonshire with Elizabeth's father Donald also in the household.

Appear to have left Scotland between 1895 -1901 as sons William 9 and Richard 6 were born Scotland

The entry can be found on FamilySearch or here is the ref for Ancestry

RG13 Piece 1416 Folio 12 Page 16

Suspect he was William Stark Jardine - found in Yorkshire in 1911.  Elizabeth is in Nottinghamshire in 1911

Peter married 1910 Shardlow - see 1911 entry.  Died in WW1 - see next reply
Possible marriage for William in 1913 Notts.  Wife Annie died 1929.  Remarriage in 1941 - see 1939 register
Possible for Richard in 1915 Notts - living in Cumberland 1939
William snr died 1936 Nottingham - www.freebmd.org.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 November 18 00:18 GMT (UK) »
From www.cwgc.org

Mechanician  JARDINE, P G

Service Number MB/1721

Died 06/05/1919

Aged 32

H.M.S."Egmont"
Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve

Husband of Ada Jardine, of Church View, Breaston, Derby.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline isk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 November 18 16:05 GMT (UK) »
CaroleW.  Very many thanks for all your information.  I wondered if he had perhaps gone abroad as some of his siblings went to Australia.

Again my thanks for your interest.  isk