Author Topic: FamilySearch problem  (Read 634 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FamilySearch problem
« on: Thursday 22 November 18 08:37 GMT (UK) »
I haven’t used the FamilySearch website for ages but thought I’d dip in again. Unfortunately I have forgotten my username and password. I used the facility for recovering username without any problem. The same page seems to offer the option to recover password too and I ticked the “forgot password” box. Unfortunately the emails I keep getting just contain my username, with no mention of a password or how to change it/create a new one. Possibly this is yet another shortcoming of using an iPad. (I don’t currently have access to my laptop).
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FamilySearch problem
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 November 18 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried using your username to try to log in?

Then hit  Forgot Password
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 November 18 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I’ve tried that now but am currently experiencing a lull in emails....but fingers crossed :)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 November 18 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Don't be surprised if you when you do manage to log in on iPad you still can't use the site. I only get their usual headers etc but blank space where the search results should be.

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 November 18 18:11 GMT (UK) »
I did manage to sort the issue, and it was me being stupid. After I enabled email links I could change my password. And I can use the website without issues. OTOH the incorrectly-displaying-on-iPad issue is something I’m still getting on a different website (Lincs to the past), which others with an iPad seem to be OK with. All very odd ???

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 November 18 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Glad you can use the website without tissues now!   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.