Author Topic: Help with Kearleys of Tarrant Gunville  (Read 1054 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Help with Kearleys of Tarrant Gunville
« on: Thursday 22 November 18 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I haven't been on here for a while, but I am now well-settled at university and have bought all the PDF certificates I needed with the remnants of my birthday money and some of my maintenance loan that was left over. They numbered more than 30, but were well worth the money (as were the 6 marriage certificates).

I'm looking for Thomas and Martha Kearley (recorded as Kerly), who christened (possibly) my ancestor John Kearley, in Tarrant Gunville on the 24th of March 1793. I'd be interested in any information relating to Thomas and Martha Kearley/Kerly i.e. their births, marriages, burials etc. There is circumstantial evidence that I won't go into having reached this conclusion of John's origins but it is a logical assumption based off The Peerage website that records another Kearley family in Uxbridge tracing back to William Kearley, who lived in Tarrant Gunville according to Burke's Peerage.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Kearleys of Tarrant Gunville
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 November 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Adam

marriage TG Thomas Kerly and Martha Moody 22 Dec 1777 both of this parish .He made mark and she signed.
wit Robert Moody and William Hycock

Thomas buried 9.6.1822 age 69
Martha buried 20.7.1796 no age.

Ciderdrinker

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 November 18 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks ciderdrinker! That’s great.

Edit:

Have found a christening for Martha Moody in TG in 1753, daughter of John and Mary Moody, but no marriage for them or a christening for John. No luck with Thomas Kearley except a 1753 christening in Blandford Forum, the nearest town, which would match with the death aged 69 in 1822.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 November 18 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Good luck at University Adam, my granddaughter has just begun her course

I am sure your family are thinking you spent your money wisely, that is what I tell my granddaughter "spend your money carefully and be sensible", lets hope she does

Happy Hunting

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 November 18 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Louisa,

Thanks for your kind wishes! I am certainly trying to stick by that rule, and I hope your granddaughter does the same :)