Author Topic: Living DNA results  (Read 5316 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Living DNA results
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 29 November 18 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I've figured it out now  ::)
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 29 November 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes exactly the same happened to me bearkat about the results now able to be analysed and if I login I can see the regions and yes where to login.

However, eventually figured out that your Living dna login has nothing to do with your FindMyPast login and you need to go to the Living dna website and login.  Not very clear is it.

My ethnicity breakdown is nothing like my Ancestry one and is nothing like my paper trail either.  Goodness knows where Aberdeenshire, Cornwall, Devon and Northumbria come from as I have no known ancestry from any of these places.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 29 November 18 17:33 GMT (UK) »
A link to the log-in page would have been helpful.

The results are different from other sites I've uploaded the results to - generally narrower with nothing beyond the UK.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 30 November 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »
The results are different from other sites I've uploaded the results to - generally narrower with nothing beyond the UK.

I was under the impression that LivingDNA was set up to deal only with UK research, or perhaps British Isles, but not the rest of the world  :-\

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 30 November 18 12:31 GMT (UK) »
My OH's LivingDNA results show areas outside the UK.

My Ancestry results show areas beyond the UK but LivingDNA's do not.

It may just be the size of the database.
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE