Author Topic: Searching for Will or Papers of Administration for Joseph Isaac Tucker  (Read 438 times)

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for Will or Papers of Administration for Joseph Isaac Tucker
« on: Friday 23 November 18 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a will or papers of Administration for Joseph Isaac Tucker who died a widower in Dublin in 1953. Considering the year he died I know I won't find Revenue papers for CGT like I did for his son. You can easily find his sons records by searching his name on the National Archives website but no such luck for Joseph Isaac.

I have no idea if he had a Will or not but I assume there would have been papers of Administration for him if he didn't. Far as I know he had a "spinster" daughter living with him when he died but I don't know if he had much of an estate to be administered beyond maybe a bank account. I've tried going through the calendar of grants on CIGO.ie but can't find anything. Its also a bit of a pain having to scroll down over 500 pages of dead text in each file.

Considering I really only have his date of death and full name is it possible to find out if he even had a will (or admin papers drawn up after the fact)? He died the same year the daughter living with him bought a house in Sandymount so we had speculated that perhaps she bought it with some inheritance.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Will or Papers of Administration for Joseph Isaac Tucker
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 November 18 08:50 GMT (UK) »
You could try emailing the probate office in Dublin and ask how to do a search.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n2l/

The website might have the information, I didn’t  Check.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 November 18 08:54 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n2m/

Ok, found the details on how to order a search

Anything over 20 years ago is held at the National Archives in Dublin. You will have to contact them.
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Miriam_90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 November 18 09:04 GMT (UK) »
I had ignored the Probate Office because, as you said, they only hold the past 20 years.

The National Archive has a habit of not answering emails for weeks on end or playing pass the parcel with phone calls. I was passed to five people at one stage only to end up at the first person all over again.

I'm possibly shooting in the dark with this, as I don't know if there are any papers at all.