Author Topic: Finding an adopted child's real parents 1870's.  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Braytons

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding an adopted child's real parents 1870's.
« Reply #45 on: Friday 30 November 18 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Re DNA matches
Did you put in name and location ?

have you tried a search with just France as location. No names

Does the Coulson connection person still show up as a match
Do you have any distant cousins with a French connection according to DNA ...if there are any look closely at the map for matched locations  sometimes people  put Paris when they mean France .maybe Marne will come up..the matching arrows are the green ones .but yours will come up as south of France if that is what's on your tree.

....looking forward to your feedback
I'm liking these Jaquinot leads .

Hi Brigid
I have assembled all the Jacquinot Census' in London.  I am very slow at doing it cos I write out longhand on paper the family and other occupants from each census .  I find its the only way I can get a the families in my head.  There seem to be half a dozen families but most of the census are too late eg after my Grandmother was born.  I haven't yet been able to tie up any of them to families in France, certainly not with any degree of accuracy. 

There is one Jacquinot family living at Park Villas Islington which maybe connected, but its only the father Etienne who was born in France in 1819 and I think the census says France Jura which is a long way from the Marne.  He is a professor of singing with his English wife Margaret born in Liverpool, in the same house is sister in law Sarah Ellen Harrison so I presume Margaret's maiden name is Harrison.  I will search more of this family.

I have not yet pursued the Colson connection.  I don't think any of the people in the censuses I have found relate to Colsons.  I need to make trees of the people in the censuses which I will do.
I don't have any names in my DNA matches with the surname Colson.  There is a Coulson.  But on first impressions it doesn't appear hopeful.  But I will look again.

I do have a few DNA matches with France connections if I simply search with France alone as you suggest.  Especially if I search through shared matches.  Most are obscure ones dating back to the 1600 1700's so difficult to pursue.  There is one:
Jeanne Jacques
1637–1700
BIRTH 1637 • France
married to a
Godfrey Kirk
1612–1705
BIRTH 1612 • Leicestershire, England
DEATH 1705 • England
Maybe Jacques became Jacquinot but it's a long leap!

There is one very interesting family, which might be just a coincidence of name.  But I am going to pursue it because it is a name that is the same as one of my close matches that I have already confirmed, but by a different branch of my tree.  He is going to ring me at the weekend and I will ask him if he knows of any connection with France or the name Jacquinot.  I will not show the match on here as it would give his name but will ask him if I can discuss his tree with you as you are helping me with my research.   In the mean time I will see if I can trace a Marie M Jacquinot born 1855 in France, possbily Paris. 

Very exciting.
Belinda

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Finding an adopted child's real parents 1870's.
« Reply #46 on: Friday 30 November 18 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Great work ...

Sometimes you have to go back to come forwards you may have to find the uncles aunts or nephews neices of the Jacquinot in England

I'm busy but will check in from time to time to see progress

Am preparing a Time Travel Detective club
And hope to do a "history mystery "series on community radio I work for

Your story would be great. .
I'm supposed to stick to local radio & have my own stories to tell and some Leicester mysteries to solve .first B
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson