Author Topic: Ironville House  (Read 1460 times)

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Time Wasted is Time Lost
    • View Profile
Ironville House
« on: Friday 23 November 18 12:31 GMT (UK) »
I am currently working on an article for the next village Newsletter on a special, possibly unique local heritage building, (Ironville House).  The second part of the article will relate to some of the people who have lived in the house in the past and their family history.  One person who is contributing has sent me a very old photograph to show how the building sat in the village, at the time their ancestors lived there. Would it be possible for some to work some “magic” on the photograph to make it more clear, possibly adding some colour?  If this is possible it would be really appreciated.  I also attach a graphic to show a little about the history of the house that will feature at the start of the article.
The main names that I am researching into at the moment are Cadman,(originating from Bulkington, Warwickshire), Smedley, (Leicestershire and Derbyshire), Paynes (Leicestershire, Yorkshire and Derbyshire) and Udall - you will also find several other names on my web page. I look forward to E-Mails from anyone who would like to share or talk about our family history.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ironville House
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 November 18 16:19 GMT (UK) »
I have cleaned the photo up for you a little, but I'm not sure which of the buildings is Ironville house,
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 November 18 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Here's one with some colour
Pat
Jackson- Lancaster
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 November 18 16:43 GMT (UK) »
That's great Pat -  Thank you for both - Many thanks  -  Andy
The main names that I am researching into at the moment are Cadman,(originating from Bulkington, Warwickshire), Smedley, (Leicestershire and Derbyshire), Paynes (Leicestershire, Yorkshire and Derbyshire) and Udall - you will also find several other names on my web page. I look forward to E-Mails from anyone who would like to share or talk about our family history.

Offline DrDude45

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great minds... go unappreciated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 November 18 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Here's my offering. Hope you enjoy!
I just like to do photo restores.

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 November 18 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Really colourful & sharp, many thanks DrDude45 - Andy

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 November 18 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Attached is an old colour picture of the village, you can just see the Church almost in the centre. You can see the colours in Ironville house in the article in the original post. I hope that this helps. Andy

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 23 November 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
To follow on in the attached photograph Ironville House is circled.  Sorry I did not make this clearer earlier. Andy

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 November 18 12:02 GMT (UK) »
In view of your new photo, I have adjusted  the colours on mine a little, making the houses more red brick. I have left Ironville house nearer to the  colour in your article, so hopefully it stands out more,
Pat
Jackson- Lancaster
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford