Author Topic: Kent History Forum.  (Read 2805 times)

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Kent History Forum.
« on: Friday 23 November 18 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Does any of our members on here know why KHF has been in Maintenance mode for last week. :(
        I have tried to contact our admin. Kyn on her Email, but no response .
        I do hope she is OK, as is most unusual for the forum to be down so long.
        Heres hoping all,s well and it will be up and running soon.
                                              Thanks Folks.  ;D
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

All these  Families were Born and Bred in Kent

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
Re: Kent History Forum.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 November 18 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Update  :)

I am so pleased to have had a reply from Karyn.
         She has given me permission to share the Email so I have added it below .
         If you are also a KHF member could you please inform others you are in contact with,
                                      Thanks Grandarog,

To: 'Roger Harris'
Subject: RE: Maintenance Mode
 Hi Roger,
 It seems the forum was being attacked and I had to spend time making sure that this can’t happen again.  I have little time now so it has had to be shut for a period of time.  My friend who helps with the hosting has also needed time to work on things and again we have had to work around his spare time.
 I have a lot going on at the moment, my mum has terminal lung cancer and is declining rapidly and my father has been diagnosed with early stage lung cancer and I have needed to support him with tablets and appointments.  As you can imagine the last thing on my mind is the forum.  With this in mind and the pressure put on me to sort out the forum issues I have decided to reduce the functionality of the forum.  It will be reopening but only to regular users with guests being able to read the forum but not join.
 At least that way it will only be a major issue if I am called to help out in the future.
 Please feel free to share this email with those that have contacted you, I need people to understand that I have more pressing issues to worry about at the moment.
 I hope you are well, Lewis and I are fine just battling through and helping everyone where we can.  Hopefully I can catch up with happier news in the future!
 Take care
 Kyn x
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 November 18 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update, Roger.  Sorry to hear that Karyn and her family are having such a tough time.

The Kent History Forum is a great resource.  There are some very knowledgeable people posting on there.

I'm glad Karyn is hoping to keep it going in some format until she is on top of things.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ann255

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 December 18 13:20 GMT (UK) »
The forum has been opened by Kyn for a short period over Xmas.
BROWNING - Kent
DEARING - Kent
FOORD - Kent and Essex
GARRITY - Kent and Essex
GIBBS - Kent
HARE - Essex
JENNINGS - Essex
KEMPTON - Kent
PERKINS - Kent
PETTIT - Suffolk and Essex
RICHARDS - Kent
SIMMONS - Kent
THOMPSON - Suffolk

CLAYDON - NSW,AUSTRALIA

Offline grandarog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Original Ancestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 December 18 21:31 GMT (UK) »
A couple of our members have offered to help Kyn as admins so hopefully the Forum will be fully operational soon. At the moment it is in a read only Mode.
                                          Happy New Year to you all , :)
                                                    Roger ,(Grandarog)
WAGHORN/E
KENWARD
HARRIS
DIXON
MARSHALL
MERCER
CARE
FAGG
RUSSELL
WOODRUFF      

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

not sure if I have this right but I am interested to know if anyone in the kent area knows from which part of Denmark the kemsleys came from.  I know there is a town called kemsley in kent and they apparently came over from Denmark.  as my kemsleys came from there I was wondering if anyone knew which part of Denmark they came from.

thanks

molly
hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire