Author Topic: Auckland Archives lookups.  (Read 780 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Auckland Archives lookups.
« on: Friday 23 November 18 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Seasons greetings all.

It's been a silly season for me, and very busy. The person who usually keeps an eye on the farm while I'm out touring, and looking for cattle to buy, was offered an AB contract in the Hawkes Bay so for the last six weeks I have been unable to visit Auckland Archives, for the couple of requests I have offered to do.

Now I should be free to travel again, but yesterday was informed that I could have much awaited hand surgery [Dupytrens] on December fifth. With that comes at least four weeks of being unable to drive. Possibly 6 weeks until regular clinics get going mid January.

I see SPADES has made comment about some possible outstanding requests, if there are still any that have not been fulfulled, by other means [Ancestry etc] if you send me a PM or post herewith I will add them to my list, and will attempt a look up in about a weeks time, or late January.

Regards,

Alan.

Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Auckland Archives lookups.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 November 18 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.

Unfortunately I do not have a smart phone, nor email access where I stay when overnighting at West Auckland. So upon my return from two days in Auckland have recieved a request like the WNW one of two months ago. Photos for previous requests now await an emal address to forward to. WNW 10 photos. Gadget 13 photos.

Any request here on out, for me to fulfill, will have to be on hold until the end of January, when I hope to have clearance to be driving again.

Alan.

PS My photos are not the quality of SPADES Wellington photos, but can be read, and are sent to you in the 1.2 to 2MB range. Will attach a low res [20%] copy H/w as an example.

PPS VictoriaJ  Got the go ahead for one more fleeting trip north, which could pass the Archive, BUT upon looking up your request numbers there is still one section where archive staff are not supposed to uplift files, due to some construction work that is underway. It affected access to a file I wanted on Friday. Have booked available file/s in hope I will find time upon my return before surgery.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 04:24 GMT (UK) »
Greetings ALL

While I'm prepared to note Auckland Archive look-up requests, I expect it will be February before I'm in a position to re-visit the Auckland Archive.

Please note that while the construction workers are on site, the files in the stacks with R227xxxxx numbers, may be unavailable for bring forward to the reading room, even though their online listing states they are available to view at Auckland Archive. I had two requests that they were not prepared to bring forward today, to the reading room. And had to deal with a similar issue last Friday.

Alan.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Well done you, Alan, doing out of town visits when possible and a great help with requests.

All the very best for your surgery and recovery, I hope you'll be waited on hand and foot  :)

cheers and compliments of the season, mare

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mare.

Over the years this forum, and previously my early research in to Scotland's Records [via TalkingScot] were ever so helpful to my research endeavours. I can not repay Spades for the extra Wellington mile he went for me, but what I can do is Auckland Archives look-ups, while there, on my own early pioneers research.

Housed in the airport industrial campus, it is easy accessed with free parking, so no big deal when passing, and only a slight detour on the western motorway route.

Alan.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 23:37 GMT (UK) »
All the best for your operation. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. Slight delay - as usual accident cases have priority over elective surgery when it comes to available theatre space. Next week now.  Alan.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 December 18 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Alan for the photos.
Sorry to hear about the surgery delay.  Trust all goes well next week.

WNW