Author Topic: Ernest Napier Stephenson and Sarah(Sally) Toogood in Vancouver c1922  (Read 3556 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Napier Stephenson and Sarah(Sally) Toogood in Vancouver c1922
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 November 18 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Contact on the Form 30A was for the country where he came from; the Vancouver one was for his destination.

PB

The other addresses on the sheet are Canadian.... and 16th Ave is not an address one associates with Newcastle.

May I gently mention that in New South Wales there are many local government areas that do include street names like 16th ave ... try  it as a word ... for example Sixteenth ..  I have living rellies at a NSW locality of First Ave .... born there 1915  still in same house in 2018 ... sold off several blocks over the decades ...

Likely though the form will give you the clues to sort out where that 16th Ave is.

JM  living in NSW just south of Newcastle in the county of ... Northumbrrland ... yes .. more than one county by that name ,  more thsn one city also...  :D
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 November 18 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Contact on the Form 30A was for the country where he came from; the Vancouver one was for his destination.

PB

The other addresses on the sheet are Canadian.... and 16th Ave is not an address one associates with Newcastle.

May I gently mention that in New South Wales there are many local government areas that do include street names like 16th ave ... try  it as a word ... for example Sixteenth ..  I have living rellies at a NSW locality of First Ave .... born there 1915  still in same house in 2018 ... sold off several blocks over the decades ...

Likely though the form will give you the clues to sort out where that 16th Ave is.

JM

:). And in fact I found a fourth avenue in Newcastle (UK).   ;) ;)

However, the rest of the addresses on the form are Canadian, so I feel the one next to jack Stephenson should be too.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 November 18 04:56 GMT (UK) »
I was still typing on my e reader re Newcastle and I err hit the post button ... I have added a PS ... but I wont re edit as it is an aside  :D and does not affect the thread. 

Well found on fourth ave Newcastle UK.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 26 November 18 05:11 GMT (UK) »
I can’t find them entering Australia. I thought they’d be on NAA. 🤔

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 26 November 18 05:20 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps came via east coasr port of arrival and not via Fremantle.  The origins of the NAA index were focused on Fremantle 1920s arrivals.  I have phoned my uncle and my cousin to get their thoughts ... retired archivists ... but I think they may be celebrating some old boys reunion ...

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 26 November 18 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, JM, I wasn’t aware of that with NAA.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline NormanE

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 November 18 06:52 GMT (UK) »
From NormanE
I'm getting overwhelmed with what's going on, thank you for the interest and help. But Whats A V30?
and can I see it?.  Is Sallie/Sally/Sarah Nutchey/Stephenson's arrival available too?
Norman

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 November 18 07:00 GMT (UK) »
From NormanE
I'm getting overwhelmed with what's going on, thank you for the interest and help. But Whats A V30?
and can I see it?.  Is Sallie/Sally/Sarah Nutchey/Stephenson's arrival available too?
Norman

Reply #7

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 26 November 18 08:07 GMT (UK) »
I give up, what number image is it on the ocean arrivals.

Found it.  no 1370

And a Sarah on page 1578.

I don’t think these are them.

Jamjar