Author Topic: Photo Request - Carlisle Dalston Road Cemetery  (Read 1478 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Photo Request - Carlisle Dalston Road Cemetery
« on: Saturday 24 November 18 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone able to provide me with a photograph of a family headstone in Carlisle Cemetery?

I believe the location is Ward 8 Section O No 6

William Bell 26 July 1876
Janet Bell 5 Feb 1887
John Bell 1 May 1908
Eunice Bell 9 April 1912

Additionaly the son and daughter of the above John Bell but I am not sure of the reference. It may be close by.

John Thomas Bell 26 Apr 1896
Ada Beatrice Bell 9 June 1900.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

deebel
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Request - Carlisle Dalston Road Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 January 19 20:44 GMT (UK) »
I gave the  location as Ward 8 Section O No 6. there is a slight possibility that the location is in Section Q
i.e. Ward 8 Section Q No 6.
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 January 19 22:23 GMT (UK) »
I can do it but might not be until later in the month. I'll check the grave reference  for the other deaths. Is there definitely a grave stone?

Added: the grave is in the wild part of the cemetery, long grass and overgrown, so it could be very wet so may take a little longer.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 January 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Gam Yan,

I don't know if there is a headstone. I just assumed there was given the spread of dates and the family returning to the same lair, but it may that there is none.

Any help or information gratefully received.

deebel

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 14:43 GMT (UK) »
I've checked the grave reference for William's grave and it is Ward 8 Row O plot 5.  William's address is given as Trinity Buildings.  The address given for John is 12 Brook Street.

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I've checked the grave reference for John and Ada and it is Ward 7 Row A Plot 38.  The address on the entry is 33 Sheffield Street. The memorial is quite tall (8/9ft)
(I've just noticed that it says erected by his football friends - intriguing!)

(I think the green dots put on by the cemetery is just to show that the grave stone is stable)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Gan Yam,

You are a star. Thank you so much. This is a major piece in my jigsaw.

John evidently played football and his death was as a result of injury during a game. I am not sure which team and it is on my Bell tree bucket list to track down info on his death which I feel must have been reported in the local press.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

deebel

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 January 19 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Johnny reputedly died following a kick to the head while playing football, and was buried in Carlisle cemetery with military honours (as he was a Gunner with No 4 (Carlisle) Coy. 1st Cumberland Volunteers).The headstone was erected by his football friends.