Author Topic: Patrick & Bridget FAHEY 1871  (Read 4002 times)

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick & Bridget FAHEY 1871
« Reply #18 on: Monday 07 January 19 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe,
Thanks for your latest input, much appreciated.
Found another family of three arriving NZ on the ship "Echunga" about 1862 - Patrick, Bridget and Mary, same ages as those on the "Merope". Discovered at my local Library -- failed to upload to my home computer, need to re-locate this entry.  My local Library has ancestry and FindMyPast available to readers.
Your information clarifies much more for me -- will have a look at Papers Past -- Family Search (LDS) have NZ Wills on site, will check these too.
Kind regards
clancam37
I think this is your FAHEY family in New Zealand -

From FamilySearch, NZ immigrants -
Arrived "Merope"  Canterbury
FAHEY Patrick, 29 years (born ~ 1842), wife Bridget, daughter Mary.

Above their names is notation "Fitzgibbon Rolleston" Another notation to the left, which I am unable to transcribe.

Patrick FAHEY, late of Loburn d. 1904, and buried in plot with Mary FAHEY, died 1891, age 50. Mary is sister-in-law of E LLOYD, Halswell.

Press  31 Dec 1914 p4
https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/CHP19141231.2.23.1?
...Norah LLOYD, 79...Mary LLOYD 40.......running a brothel.....idle disorderly etc......

New Zealand Truth 2 Feb 1907  p6
https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/NZTR19070202.2.48.1?
....maintenance...paternity...William HAYES......child born to Mary LLOYD 16 Aug 1906.....Mary's mother is Norah LLOYD.....father is Emanuel LLOYD........Mary is 30 years old and has an older child.....

See FamilySearch for this -
The Estate of Bridget FITZGIBBON died intestate, 1887     
Estate of Bridget FITZGIBBON, formerly the wife of Patrick FITZGIBBON of Loburn, 
Executors Norah LLOYD wife of Emmanuel LLOYD of Papanui and Alfred Edward TUTTON..
...sale of her (Bridget's) farm at Rolleston......

Affidavit James WALLACE  (image 37)...
.......from England "Tongariro" in company with Patrick FITZGIBBON and his wife Bridget FITZGIBBON....Bridget died 28 Nov 1887 and buried at sea

Statement Norah LLOYD (image 41).....Bridget went to Ireland......Bridget has surviving her, one brother and no more Patrick FAHEY of Loburn...three sisters...Ellen HAYES of Halswell, Mary FAHEY, spinster, and myself.....
Whereabouts of Patrick FITZGIBBON unknown.......

* Norah LLOYD signs with her mark.

When Patrick FAHEY arrived in NZ, 1871, he had sisters Ellen, Bridget and Norah living there. They had arrived as single women. Sister Mary arrived after Patrick...1871+...

BDM NZ marriage
1867/7372   FAHY Bridget                      m.  FITZGIBBON Patrick
1868/6005   FAHEY AKA FARHEA   Ellen     m.  HAYES William   
1869/7317   FAY Norah Hannah                m.  LLOYD Emmanuel

BDM NZ birth
906/16105   LLOYD   James Cyril                            parents    Mary   / -    
1896/13487   LLOYD   William Francis Harold Hayes   parents    Mary   / -