Author Topic: Royal Marines Service Record - Wound, hurt certificates etc what do entries mean  (Read 870 times)

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone

Attached is a copy of the relevant page of a relatives Royal Marines service record. My question is what is the relevance of the entries in the box - Wounds, hurt certifcates etc.  ( WS1 3, WS1 4 etc)
I have googled but not come up with much.
Look forward to any assistance.
Regards
KK

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Marines Service Record - Wound, hurt certificates etc what do entries mean
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 November 18 11:14 GMT (UK) »
War Service Increment - http://www.pbenyon.plus.com/LondonGazette/War_Service_Inc.html  Courtesy of Rootschat member HMac Nov 2017.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Marines Service Record - Wound, hurt certificates etc what do entries mean
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 November 18 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Max

Thanks for this. Great source. I don't think my brain is working too well this morning. Just looking through the mass of papers I received I have got a page on his war service increment. Didn't connect the abbreviations to this. Sorry about that but good to have the link for the source.
Many thanks
KK