Author Topic: 1939 - living persons  (Read 857 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1939 - living persons
« on: Sunday 25 November 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know why a person who is definitely alive and under 100 would be showing on the 1939?

I have a distant relative (3rd cousin level) who is well known. He's listed with his mother in Rhyl.  He was on the tele a few weeks ago so I know that he's not dead and is aged 80.  I did contact FindMyPast about the entry 4 weeks ago  and referred them to the person but have not heard from them.

Any ideas why he's showing?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 - living persons
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 November 18 14:24 GMT (UK) »
There are many people showing who are alive and under 100. I have had to contact them to remove a relative who is very much alive.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 November 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
There are many people showing who are alive and under 100. I have had to contact them to remove a relative who is very much alive.

The same happened to me. My aunt, born in 1928, had an open entry until I asked FindMyPast to supply me with the evidence that a person I'd been with only a few days previously was now dead.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 November 18 14:35 GMT (UK) »
I've not even had an acknowledgement. I even gave the full details of him. This person is really well known. 

Maybe I should contact him in the House of Lords  ::)

Gadget

Added - I was looking for his mother's details, as we're related through her line, when I saw his entry.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 November 18 15:06 GMT (UK) »

An Uncle of mine, - very much alive still, - is shown on there.

Odd, because his brothers, (who are long dead) are still redacted.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 November 18 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all comments. It seems that there's just no logic that I can see that determines whether people are redacted or not. It could be which NHS district was involved or ..... :-\

This is the only one that is erroneously non-redacted. My sister, who died a few years ago, is still redacted  but I do know her date of birth and all of the other details. It would have been lovely to see her listed with my parents before I came along  a few years later.

Gadget

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 November 18 18:33 GMT (UK) »
My aunt appears on the 1939 and is very much alive, while her deceased sister is redacted.I wondered if someone got mixed up. My other theory is that my aunt moved to Scotland for some years and was somehow recorded as deceased because of that, cb
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 November 18 19:10 GMT (UK) »
I reported a living person entry on 1st October and got an acknowledgement from Ancestry.  However the entry is still visible complete with her married name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 November 18 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I found that the entry for my mum had been opened while I was in the same room as her.
Having checked for myself that there was no closely matching death entry under her main name or married name, I emailed FindMyPast.

I mentioned that although my mum was proud of her age, and had no objection to her entry being visible, they might use this as an example in order to improve their algorithm.

The entry was redacted again within two days.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.