Author Topic: Colourise Roly and Doris Gibson, my grandparents. RAF wedding photo from 1942.  (Read 999 times)

Offline TylerGib

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi good natured folk of Roots Chat.

I have had this photo in my stash which is a scan of a photo that has been printed off and scanned back in (that was long and winded...) and would like if possible for someone to colorise it and tidy it up?

They were married in Doncaster in 1942, my Grandad a Leading Aircraftsman and my Grandma just wanted a child to get out of the WAAF!! Honestly. They both had dark brown eyes and black hair.

That's all I can really offer for a photo resto. He would have been 100 in a two weeks time too so hopefully it would be a lovely treat for me and the fam.

Many thanks peeps!
Ty

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Colourise Roly and Doris Gibson, my grandparents. RAF wedding photo from 1942.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ty...A colour of your lovely photo from me.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Colourise Roly and Doris Gibson, my grandparents. RAF wedding photo from 1942.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:17 GMT (UK) »
...and a warmer version with added texture.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline TylerGib

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Carol.....

😢😢 There isn't an emoji that conveys "I'm welling up because that is so lovely", so those two will have to do!

Honestly they are fantastic, I'm stumped for words really. Thank you soo much.

Ty

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Aw....bless you....so happy to be able to help and am pleased that you are happy with the result  ;) The RAF is close to my heart as my son is in the RAF as a Flight Sergeant (Air Crew)  :)
They all did such a marvellous job during the war  8)
The groom is holding something in his right hand, not sure what but it's not a mobile phone  ;D ;D
I'm sure you will get more.

Carol

Offline TylerGib

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Carol, I'd be cheeky to ask but could you darken Roly's hair up to near as black please? My Dad's was jet black and I'm jet black too.

And I hadn't noticed that before, a pack of cigs? Silver case of something?

I have a few of him from service time so you may be busy for a while 😉😉

But thanks again, it's quite unbelievable.
Ty

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I have darkened the hair for you..hope they are better. Yes a Packet of Woodbines would be a good call  ;D
Post away...that's what we are here for  ;)
Carol

Offline TylerGib

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 15:51 GMT (UK) »
I have darkened the hair for you..hope they are better. Yes a Packet of Woodbines would be a good call  ;D
Post away...that's what we are here for  ;)
Carol

Brilliant. Thanks again Carol, much appreciated.

Ty

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure  :D
Carol