Author Topic: Help - are you a FindMyPast.com subscriber (not FindMyPast.co.uk)?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Help - are you a FindMyPast.com subscriber (not FindMyPast.co.uk)?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I better check... not sure

xin

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 23:57 GMT (UK) »
RK, do you still have Canadian and Ausralian records as well?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I do.    I can choose from World, Australia/New Zealand, Ireland, Britain (and the component parts  :)), USA and Canada. 

RK

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Great! Thanks for letting us know  :).

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:17 GMT (UK) »
If there is a particular record set that you are wondering about...I can check and see if I have it under my subscription. 

RK

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for responses everyone.

Great, RunKitty. It is more encouraging to hear that from you than from FindMyPast, that the Ultimate package does seem to cover the same as the 'old' World/Premium package. They really need to change their wording on the US subscription page to make it clearer that 'world' records are included in the new Ultimate British & Irish package.

Mind you, it now begs the question why people who remain on world are having renewal invited at $239.50 or being encouraged to auto-renew at $203.58, and are being told this is an unbeatable loyalty offer, yet people who subscribe via the new Ultimate package, with apparently identical access to same record sets, are being charged $179.

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Personally, I don't need anything in particular. I had let my sub lapse and became concerned about access when I read the original post. It is good to know I'll still have the same records available when I eventually sign up again.

PB

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:28 GMT (UK) »
As can be seen from the above, the US site's Ultimate package, doesn't mention access to, for example, US newspapers, Australian/New Zealand records, hence the original questions in opening post of this thread.

At least the UK site's Pro package and the Australian site's World package seem to be clearer about coverage.

The new title for the US subscription doesn't help either, and to me, is confusing, rather than an improvement.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Put them on the spot and ask them directly.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.