Author Topic: memory tricks  (Read 649 times)

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: memory tricks
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 February 19 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Larkspur Nocton Hall is a good possibility. I had been thinking whether  it could have been an old cottage hospital.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 February 19 14:07 GMT (UK) »
It was still in use in 1975 ish as I know someone who had a baby there. Her father was in the RAF.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 February 19 16:36 GMT (UK) »
It was still in use in 1975 ish as I know someone who had a baby there. Her father was in the RAF.

I remember people going there too Larkspur.

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 February 19 16:53 GMT (UK) »
RAF Nocton Hall Hospital was in use past 1977, my daughter was born late 1977 there. Problem with this as a possibility is it didn't open until 1947.

There is Nocton Hall itself to consider, this is what I found out about the hall.  During the First World War the house was used as a convalescence home for wounded American Officers. During the Second World War the Americans again used the house as a military hospital after which it was taken over by the RAF and an extensive hospital developed in the grounds. It reverted to private use in the 1980s.

GEDmatch M157477

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 February 19 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Nocton was treating the Military up to the first Gulf War , which I didn't know until today.
Also Nocton was deemed too small by WW2 and so Rauceby hospital was built.
That's all I have been able to find.