Author Topic: Royal signals Sgt Edward Kay  (Read 480 times)

Offline mlmcholm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Royal signals Sgt Edward Kay
« on: Monday 26 November 18 09:25 GMT (UK) »
I have recently found a newspaper article regarding Edwards brother, James Wallace Kay, who was listed as missing. In the article it mentions his brother Edward being in the Royal signals in the Middle East. I can't find anything on the forces site other than a Sgt Edward Kay in the RAF volunteer reserve. Would the site hold all the records? Is the newspaper article wrong? I can't find any death or marriage for him also in his home town of Burnley. It looks like Sgt Edward of the RAF was killed in 1942. If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Royal signals Sgt Edward Kay
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 November 18 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Records for anyone serving after 1920 are still with the MOD, and are not available anywhere else ::)

See: https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

In my opinion, Forces War Records website holds nothing that isn't available elsewhere.
There are plenty of threads on RootsChat regarding FWR - none of them good!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Royal signals Sgt Edward Kay
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 November 18 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Sgt Edward Kay RAFVR was the husband of M A Kay of Huyton Lancsashire, died in the Middle East,  if that helps eliminate him?

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia