Author Topic: Help getting past my brick wall  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help getting past my brick wall
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:52 GMT (UK) »
John Moore's own birth Jun. qtr. 1916 has mistranscribed with mmn Swedley, rather than Smedley, and agree wholeheartedly that William Moore and Annie Smedley are his parents.

We are not (due to copyright issues) allowed to give information on 1911 Census and 1939 Register but if you look for the family on both you will find the information tallies with what you know.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone for your help, I now have something to go on. It is amazing what fresh eyes can do, I appreciate it.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:55 GMT (UK) »
John Moore's own birth Jun. qtr. 1916 has mistranscribed with mmn Swedley, rather than Smedley, and agree wholeheartedly that William Moore and Annie Smedley are his parents.

We are not (due to copyright issues) allowed to give information on 1911 Census and 1939 Register but if you look for the family on both you will find the information tallies with what you know.

Annette

Thank you. I have spent ages on this and every avenue I tried came to a dead end. I appreciate your help.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 November 18 20:41 GMT (UK) »
William Moore and Annie Smedley married 24/12/1894 Sneinton, Nottingham at St. Philip RC church.  Transcription on FindMyPast but fathers names not shown unfortunately.

I think that William Moore is the birth reg'd Jun.qtr.1872 Nottingham, mmn Bucknall - parents Francis Moore and Jane Bucknall married 8/4/1858 Nottingham.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 November 18 21:16 GMT (UK) »
William Moore and Annie Smedley married 24/12/1894 Sneinton, Nottingham at St. Philip RC church.  Transcription on FindMyPast but fathers names not shown unfortunately.

I think that William Moore is the birth reg'd Jun.qtr.1872 Nottingham, mmn Bucknall - parents Francis Moore and Jane Bucknall married 8/4/1858 Nottingham.

Annette
Thank you, I was just looking at that.

Offline candrjm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Nanny and Grandad married in 1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 January 19 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Probate record for Annie Moore in 1949 (records same address as marriage certificate for John Moore in 1941):

Moore Annie of 525 Lincoln Road Peterborough widow died 20th April 1949 Administration Peterborough 20th June to Francis William Moore engineers fitter

Possible death for William Moore:

Moore William born c1873 died 1931 Peterborough, Northamptonshire, England

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 January 19 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information. x