Author Topic: "Ron Bridgens from Wordplay" 1940s  (Read 155 times)

Offline Brewins girl

• RootsChat Member
  • REME 1943-46 & RAF Coastal & Transpt Command WW2
    • View Profile
"Ron Bridgens from Wordplay" 1940s
« on: Monday 26 November 18 17:27 GMT (UK) »
This is what my uncle wrote in a letter, saying that "Ron Bridgens from Wordplay" was at the Leave Centre in Bad Harzburg in March 1946.

By 'Wordplay' I wonder if he was referring to the postcards with plays on words? And might Ron Bridgens have been a cartoonist? I've drawn a blank on these and other searches. Can anyone suggest who/what they might have been referring to please?
Brooking (REME)
Robinson (RAF)
Southall (Pedmore, nr Stourbridge UK)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Brewins girl

• RootsChat Member
  • REME 1943-46 & RAF Coastal & Transpt Command WW2
    • View Profile
Re: "Ron Bridgens from Wordplay" 1940s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 November 18 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Oops! Just re-read the letter and realised that what looked like 'Wordplay' was actually Wordsley which is near to Stourbridge in the West Midlands. I hope I haven't sent anyone off on a wild goose chase on my behalf!
Brooking (REME)
Robinson (RAF)
Southall (Pedmore, nr Stourbridge UK)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.