Author Topic: Lookup for illegitemate childs father or any link at all  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for illegitemate childs father or any link at all
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 15:34 GMT (UK) »
"I like to go on concrete evidence in my family history!"

Of course we do when funds afford & especially a direct line!!

I have an illegitimate g g/mother no 'concrete' evidence of the father but enough circumstancial evidence to be pretty sure or as sure as I can ever be.

Do let us know what transpires from the certs. when they arrive!

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 02 June 19 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Just tpo update - I now have DNA results. Both myself and my Mum took tests so I am busy eliminating away. There are lots and lots of People on my dad's side with the name Salter and also some for Jarvis!!

It is quite obvious that there are people related to my elusive great grandad Mr X...I just need them to respond to my emails!

Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 03 June 19 00:28 BST (UK) »
There are lots and lots of People on my dad's side with the name Salter and also some for Jarvis!!

It is quite obvious that there are people related to my elusive great grandad Mr X...I just need them to respond to my emails!

Good news you have connections but can you confirm whether 'Jarvis' ones are forename/surname/both?

Fingers crossed you get replies as it seems a lot of people on here have the same trouble i.e. getting responses  :(

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 03 June 19 06:12 BST (UK) »
Thats brilliant
Let me know if you need any help with triangulating matches or getting round the no response problems ..i have a few tricks up my sleeve and did find a DNA cousin for my.mother despite  not knowing who her.grandmother had married

I  think the name Jarvis is very. likely to be the grandfathers name & not a clue to the birth father.

If a child was born out of wedlock a women could sometimes gain.more acceptance by naming her child after a parent .

Look forward to next episode

Ps Xinia yes i was doing some programs for a local community radio
And was interviewed by bbc bristol and shropshire about the missing.babies scandal .i have got audio recordings but dont know if i can post on rootschat
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 03 June 19 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hi!

Thanks for the offer of help! Does teh term triangulation refer to 'working out how 2 people are connected'. I'm new to this. I think I have eliminated a lot already. I have messaged lots and lots of peoples but so far only one has replied - one of the highest matches - and said he doesn't see any name connection. To him I am just a nobody...but this end, I have eliminated him down to be an ancestor of Mr X!! Aggghhhh

Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 03 June 19 19:16 BST (UK) »
Yes i.meant comparing matches A B
BC CA and CB

Use the search matches for surname and or location .

Its a good idea if you use the share function where you can llook at your mums matches then yours
It would help if you had another sibling or known relative on your dads side as the DNA amounts  are sometimes different.

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 03 June 19 20:55 BST (UK) »
Ok so I am in communication with the 2nd top match but he's not very forthcoming with info. He has however given me access to his tree.

Immediately I spotted a family of Jarvis'!! Only problem is that they are in Australia from  the generation before the time that Desmond was conceived...The only Jarvis in England was from Harlow, Essex.

I dont see any other name connection...

Could you possibly explain the triangulation concept??

Thanks
Alison

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 10:16 BST (UK) »
The person who wouldnt communicate with you is very important because of course there wont be a name match with the father.

Can you explain how close the connection .
When you press shared matches with him look at the likely ages and names and regions on their trees .

Maybe creat another tree for yourself which is private  put "mr x grandfather"  as father of desmond give him a wife " x grandma"   a son and daughter "mr x father /  mother" then mr x    with his initials
Then add any 2 sur names which comes up a few times as the parents of grandfather x  .

You can then.have name guesses on.the way .build up 4 potential surnames for grandad x
Go back to mr x when a possibke tree created and say did you have a grandparent called ....x y z or w

If you or some kind person could draw up a chart it would help
I will pm how we did it with my examples wont put on here as it would confused things

When approached high match asked if he had a grandma with maiden name of R.... (we also knew her 1st name ) he said yes but she only had 1 child ..his dad !
Very surprised to learn she.d had another who was illigitimate

You could also ask if he had a grandfather with first name of desmond or jarvis ...and look out for those names in the distant trees as it might be a traditional family name .

Our guy hadnt got his grandmas side on his tree anyway cos only investigating fathers origins and paternal tree

Does this make sense ?

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 10:18 BST (UK) »
Ps is mr x a shared dna match to the austalian jarvis family