Author Topic: Can anyone help  (Read 550 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'Girl with firewood'
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Also, there is a family tree on a/try that you could check (you need a subs to view it www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/28350218/person/12037695199/facts?ssrc=

They show another potential sister called Jane/Jean (common first name variants) born c. 1794 in Glencairn. Jane is listed as having married twice, a Joseph Milligan and then an Alan Burgess.
Her death is showing as being on 19 Dec 1878 in Balmaclellan, Kirkcudbrightshire.

No details on her parents included unfortunately  :-\

Not sure how you can verify that these two women, Margaret and Jane, are sisters to your William. Sometimes occupation on a death cert for a father can help. If it shows as agricultural labourer...not a lot of comfort there really  ::)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Eternal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that information. I have seen this Margaret come up in a few searches that i have done. I think that she may well be William's sister. Will have to look into her history and see if it matches his, then maybe I can find a bit more info on their parents.
Thank You
Tracy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Eternal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Never seen that Jean before but i will look into it.
Thank You again for all your help, much appreciated.
Tracy