Author Topic: Can anyone help  (Read 2810 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Also, there is a family tree on a/try that you could check (you need a subs to view it www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/28350218/person/12037695199/facts?ssrc=

They show another potential sister called Jane/Jean (common first name variants) born c. 1794 in Glencairn. Jane is listed as having married twice, a Joseph Milligan and then an Alan Burgess.
Her death is showing as being on 19 Dec 1878 in Balmaclellan, Kirkcudbrightshire.

No details on her parents included unfortunately  :-\

Not sure how you can verify that these two women, Margaret and Jane, are sisters to your William. Sometimes occupation on a death cert for a father can help. If it shows as agricultural labourer...not a lot of comfort there really  ::)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eternal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that information. I have seen this Margaret come up in a few searches that i have done. I think that she may well be William's sister. Will have to look into her history and see if it matches his, then maybe I can find a bit more info on their parents.
Thank You
Tracy

Offline Eternal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Never seen that Jean before but i will look into it.
Thank You again for all your help, much appreciated.
Tracy

Offline edmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 20 December 18 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Also, there is a family tree on a/try that you could check (you need a subs to view it www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/28350218/person/12037695199/facts?ssrc=

They show another potential sister called Jane/Jean (common first name variants) born c. 1794 in Glencairn. Jane is listed as having married twice, a Joseph Milligan and then an Alan Burgess.
Her death is showing as being on 19 Dec 1878 in Balmaclellan, Kirkcudbrightshire.

No details on her parents included unfortunately  :-\

Not sure how you can verify that these two women, Margaret and Jane, are sisters to your William. Sometimes occupation on a death cert for a father can help. If it shows as agricultural labourer...not a lot of comfort there really  ::)

Monica

A death recorded in Scotland in 1878 would normally include both parents names?

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 20 December 18 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes, it would. As long as informant to the death knew that information to give to the registrar.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk