Author Topic: Lancashire Day  (Read 453 times)

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lancashire Day
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 November 18 16:38 GMT (UK) »
And here is me, a Red Rose, never realising that there was a Lancashire Day.  Born in Blackpool (well, someone had to be...) and living in Poulton-le-Fylde (well, Carlton actually) for 5 years, then Blackburn for 2, I am afraid that I deserted - not of my own free will - and never returned to live there.  You all know the old saying "You can take the girl out of Lancashire...etc. etc."  But here's to all of us, wherever in the world we may roam, anyway! 
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 November 18 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Maiden Stone
Did they lock you in a cell and switch the lights off like they did when I was a child visiting the castle? :o  It scarred my psyche for years!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 November 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
We went to our local Arts Centre (on the south coast) in October to see a performance by 2 students from Trinity Laban plus Angela Caesar (see her bio www.rootschat.com/links/01n3x/ ).  Angela Caesar was born in Manchester and as the Arts Centre is very small she and the other 2 performers stood by the exit of the theatre at the end of the show for the audience to talk to them on their way out.  I went up to her (not knowing she was so such a star, although she had been superb that night) and just said that I was born in Manchester and it was so lovely to hear a Mancunian accent again.  She just gave me a hug and said I'd still got the accent.  ::)  I thought that was a typical Mancunian (Lancashire) reaction.

If you get a chance to see her in either opera or jazz, you're in for a treat.