Author Topic: Francis and Harold Moore of Toronto  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis and Harold Moore of Toronto
« on: Tuesday 27 November 18 16:23 GMT (UK) »
 I would appreciate anyinformation about Francis E. Moore who's birth was registered 1890 in Tonbridge, Kent,England and his brother Harold A. Moore who was born 1889 in Southwark, London. They were two children of Henry William Moore born 1857 in Belper, Derbyshire and his wife Charlotte Whitt born 1859 in Belper.

The 1901 census of Britain gave the two brothers living with their parents and siblings in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

I have found a passenger list for the two brothers sailing to Canada on the SS. Lake Manitoba of the CPR line. They sailed from Liverpool and arrived April 8,1908 at St Johns NB. Francis was given as an engineer and Harold as a sign painter.  Their intended destination was given as Toronto by the CPR.

I found a record for a Francis E. Moore and a Harold A. Moore for  1908-1916 giving both of them in the volunteer militia Governor General's Body Guards Cavalry. Certificates of Military Instruction were found for them during the period of March to May 1916. After that I found out nothing.

Any information about the two brothers in Canada would be appreciated

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Francis and Harold Moore of Toronto
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Possible burial for Francis......

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/26274789

You can search for his death cert here....most records are on line.

http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Link to the WW1 CEF military file for Harold. Free to view from Library and Archives Canada. Click on PDF to download his complete file....it will be very very slow to load.

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/personnel-records/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=175364

You will find his death record at the link I gave you above. Use both forenames for each gent.

You can search censuses for free here...click at left.

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/Pages/census.aspx

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 17:37 GMT (UK) »
The death record for Harold gives his wife as Bertha Fullager. Looks like Harold married a Bertha Fullager Mar qtr 1919 in Fullham RD England (FreeBMD). They are both in Vancouver in the 1921 census.

PB

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 17:59 GMT (UK) »

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much polarbear for all the information.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 November 18 15:33 GMT (UK) »
I am not going to post their names on the open forum as they are only recently deceased but you have the name and address of Harold's son from his death record. The son and his wife can be found at this address in the 1957 and 1965 voters lists.

This link has the obit for Harold's daughter-in-law.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancouversun/obituary.aspx?pid=152439845

This link has a bit of info about the presumed son's passing. There doesn't appear to be a full obit on line. You have a date so you might be able to get a copy of an obit through the Vancouver Public Library. If you wish to contact living rellies, the funeral home might be willing to pass along a message on your behalf.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/surrey-bc/peter-moore-7649024

PB

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Polarbear.

With all your input I was able to complete my research on the family and therefore I am not soliciting any further information.

Thanks again fro all your assistance.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 November 18 19:02 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome. Pleased to have been able to help. 

PB