Author Topic: Is this a record?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a record?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Back came the reply that as she had so many with that surname could I be more specific.

When I contacted someone to see how an ancestor of mine connected to them, I got the response that they hadn't found the connection yet but as they were sure there was a connection they'd put the person on their tree  ::)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a record?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 15:18 GMT (UK) »

When I contacted someone to see how an ancestor of mine connected to them, I got the response that they hadn't found the connection yet but as they were sure there was a connection they'd put the person on their tree  ::)

I've had something very similar!
It would be good if there was a way to find how a "person of interest" connects to the "home person". It would save wasting time contacting them with additional information etc if the relationship was too distant.

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Scott, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott
Essex/Herts: Livermore, Holgate, Law, Day, Myson, Boyton
Norfolk/Suffolk: Stone, Alexander, Tipple, Ingate

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.