Author Topic: Is this a record?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a record?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Could you PM me the link to it  ;D

Ditto please as I've been struggling for yrs to find links to some of mine & this could be my 'opening'?  :D

P.S. You need to change your profile name from 'familydar' to family'RADAR' :D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Me too please.  See if I'm on it.

Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 15:40 GMT (UK) »
and me please.
I need a good laugh on this dull rainy day ;D
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Much as I'd love to circulate this far and wide, posting a link here isn't really appropriate and sending PMs to everyone who asks is more than a little time consuming.

I've sent PMs to those who have asked thus far, but please, no more.

I presume as nobody's come up with a bigger number, perhaps the owner of this tree truly does hold the record.

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 December 18 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Some of the trees on Ancestry are hilarious in their absurdity.  I've no idea why people would waste their time typing in such rubbish on a public website.  Obviously name collectors who have never actually researched the people in their tree.

I have almost 60,000 in my tree but each person is sourced before they go in.  Having most of my ancestors from North Yorkshire has been very useful as the Dade records from the 1770's - 1812ish have been invaluable

Lyn

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 December 18 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Some of the trees on Ancestry are hilarious in their absurdity.  I've no idea why people would waste their time typing in such rubbish on a public website.  Obviously name collectors who have never actually researched the people in their tree.

I have almost 60,000 in my tree but each person is sourced before they go in.  Having most of my ancestors from North Yorkshire has been very useful as the Dade records from the 1770's - 1812ish have been invaluable

Lyn

My tree would be called mostly unsourced by anyone reading it as when I put it onto Ancestry I was too lazy to type up my sources.  I am now slowly sitting typing in my sources (that I've had all along) because it upset me to think how badly people thought of me for having an 'unsourced tree'
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 December 18 19:16 GMT (UK) »
I do agree that there are a great number of absurd trees out there.  ;D ;D

Recently I had one of those numerous hints which linked with my late father and his family. Curious to find out if the owner could be a long lost "rellie" I contacted her just mentioning the family name. Back came the reply that as she had so many with that surname could I be more specific. I replied giving my dad's details as a starting point and asking her how she was related to him. Well he is grand nephew of wife of 1st cousin 4 x removed was the reply. I was also told in no uncertain terms to find my own proof and not just take what was in her tree. OK that is elementary research but I could not help myself when I replied stating that my proof was possession of his original birth certificate and also the fact that I had registered his death. Never heard a thing since. I wonder why. Her proof was taking the information from a public tree belonging to another relative of mine.

By the way there were over 200,000 people in her tree going back to Scottish/English kings and queens from the year dot. Unfortunately no Adam or Eve ------ Yet  :-X :-X

Where am I going wrong perhaps someone could point me in the right direction????

Still laughing all the way to my next ancestral find - with relevant proof of course

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 December 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
I do agree that there are a great number of absurd trees out there.  ;D ;D

Recently I had one of those numerous hints which linked with my late father and his family. Curious to find out if the owner could be a long lost "rellie" I contacted her just mentioning the family name. Back came the reply that as she had so many with that surname could I be more specific. I replied giving my dad's details as a starting point and asking her how she was related to him. Well he is grand nephew of wife of 1st cousin 4 x removed was the reply. I was also told in no uncertain terms to find my own proof and not just take what was in her tree. OK that is elementary research but I could not help myself when I replied stating that my proof was possession of his original birth certificate and also the fact that I had registered his death. Never heard a thing since. I wonder why. Her proof was taking the information from a public tree belonging to another relative of mine.

By the way there were over 200,000 people in her tree going back to Scottish/English kings and queens from the year dot. Unfortunately no Adam or Eve ------ Yet  :-X :-X

Where am I going wrong perhaps someone could point me in the right direction????

Still laughing all the way to my next ancestral find - with relevant proof of course

Dorrie

I found a strange tree the other day.  It has one of my great grandpa's on it, his siblings, parents and grandparents.  I say stange because not one is connected to the other, in fact each of my relatives in the tree weren't connected to anyone at all.  They did seem to be my relatives, DOB, DOD middle names etc all there

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 13:07 GMT (UK) »
My all time favourite tree was one that traced my birth family back to Adam, via Charlemagne and through my most favourite ancestor, someone called “second chatelaine” who was apparently the unknown, unnamed paramour of Richard 1, sometime in the twelfth century. Meticulously researched and referenced, of course  ;D
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)