Author Topic: Proni records for Ahoghill, Church of Ireland, 1811-1928  (Read 855 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Proni records for Ahoghill, Church of Ireland, 1811-1928
« on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:00 GMT (UK) »
I see that Proni holds records for Ahoghill, Church of Ireland. Is it possible to search online or does one have to go in to Proni in person? The reel I am interested in is MIC583/9; CR/1/90.
I am actually looking for records for Edward Lennox and Sarah Wilson's children's baptisms while residing in  Gracefield and it was suggested that I try Ahoghill. I did find the baptisms of their first two children at Wood's Chapel in 1814 and 1816. Looking for the rest.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Proni records for Ahoghill, Church of Ireland, 1811-1928
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:23 GMT (UK) »
The records are not on rootsireland. I can’t see them on-lien anywhere. As far as I can see you have to go to PRONI to look them up on the microfilm copy there.
Elwyn

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much, Elwyn. I  was afraid of that.
Peggy

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Have you seen this man around Ballymena recently?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 November 18 19:37 GMT (UK) »
At the time Edward Lennox was there Gracefield was a Moravian Church located in Artrea, near Magherafelt, County Londonderry.
In the early 1900's the congregation had became too small to continue as a Moravian Church.  Its records and Gracehill Moravian Church's are in PRONI MIC 1F/3
http://www.woodschapel.armagh.anglican.org/en/History-Of-Woodschapel-St-John-s-/History-of-Gracefield
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Down ...Purse, Manson, Hay, Russell, Barrons.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe
Co. Fermanagh ..Funston, Keys.
Co. Tyrone.. Bustard, Funston.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 November 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
That is very interesting indeed, Colinm. I have been in touch with Sarah Groves regarding Gracehill Moravian Records but she did not find the  baptisms I was looking for, which included the children of Edward Lennox and Sarah Wilson of Gracefield, and of William Caulfield and Nancy who I think is Ann  Wilson. Who knows - the Wilson gals may be related.
I have also been to Wood's Chapel where I found the baptisms of Edward's first two  children (I think they are the first two but that remains to be seen). I  was very rushed and my focus was really the Caulfields but I think there were only two there. Looks like I  should try the reel you suggested at Proni.
Peggy

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Have you seen this man around Ballymena recently?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 November 18 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Peggy,  my Jane Larkin is noted in GraceHILL records in the microfilm as well as a David Larkin in GraceFields's.  I'm thinking that my Ballymena area Larkins originally came from Gracefield where the surname is not uncommon around Magherafelt.
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Down ...Purse, Manson, Hay, Russell, Barrons.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe
Co. Fermanagh ..Funston, Keys.
Co. Tyrone.. Bustard, Funston.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 November 18 20:23 GMT (UK) »
I just checked my records and I don't have any Larkins. But who knows what further research may turn up. I will not be able to check the microfilm until I return to Ireland but I have a good feeling that there may be much there of interest to me. I live in Canada.
Peggy