Author Topic: Ancestry hints  (Read 545 times)

Offline bigjon

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry hints
« on: Wednesday 28 November 18 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Help please,
     When viewing tree on Ancestry, I can click on hints leaf and up comes list of hints but when I click on individual hint it fails to open up. This happens on and off - can it be the laptop I am using
Bennett, Tennant, Richards, Price.....Staffordshire
Reid, Brown, Harrison, Saunders, Coetzer........South Africa and Scotland.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry hints
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 November 18 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Often this type of problem is due to some weird incompatibility between the site code and the browser you are using. Usually the page you want to use has not completely downloaded, but the browser thinks it has.

Sometimes you can clear it by flushing out the cached files. Occasionally, closing all copies of the browser and starting again will get the delivery re-done in the right sequence.

And sometimes you need to use a different browser. For example, ScotlandsPeople is virtually unusable in Microsoft's Edge, but works fine in Internet Explorer.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.