Author Topic: richard hart  (Read 593 times)

Offline sprogx3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
richard hart
« on: Wednesday 28 November 18 22:42 GMT (UK) »
good evening.  I have the marriage certificate of Michael Connell to Ann Hart.  Both were Irish but were married in 1852 in Manchester.  Their fathers are Richard Connell and James Hart but I can find nothing.  Would appreciate some help or advice.  Thank you

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Re: richard hart
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 23:04 GMT (UK) »
I just wanted to point out that you put the title as "Richard Hart" but the two fathers as Richard CONNELL and James HART. (That is to say, there is nobody called Richard HART in your original message).

For the benefit of searchers, sprog also mentioned that the couple have not been found on 1841 or 1851 censuses (no idea which country they were in at the time).

-Edit- I know I said I wasn't going to search because it is too late at night (it's past 11pm here) but darnit if I can't help myself sometimes. For the sake of clarification, is your couple the one on the 1861 with dates of birth c1830 and four children Richard, Julia, Mary and Patrick? You will likely get asked a number of questions about things you already know just so people can get it straight in their own minds who they are looking for :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Their fathers are Richard Connell and James Hart but I can find nothing.

What are you looking for?  If their parentage you need to know whereabouts in Ireland they originated

Are you descended from one of their children?  If so - can we have details of the childs name, birthyear and birthplace?

GRO online shows Richard b Dec qtr 1852 and Julia 1855

It's possible they were still in Ireland in 1851.  Suggest you check the 1861 and establish their respective birth years and see whether any actual county of birth is shown in Ireland
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 23:32 GMT (UK) »
I think Ann may have died between 1861 and 1871- on the 1871 census it would seem Michael is married to a Catherine (ten years younger). The birth for the son John William, aged 9, comes back mother's maiden name HART. The youngest child, Ann, has a five year gap from the second youngest.

There are a couple of entries for 1881, both with their issues...

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 November 18 15:22 GMT (UK) »
sprog, I think I'm correct in saying that you can amend your post up to 24 hours after posting if you need to clarify something in it. Click on "edit".
Cowban

Offline sprogx3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 November 18 22:40 GMT (UK) »
yes thank you so much, this is the family.  Ann Hart married Michael Connell.  Their marriage certificate gives their fathers as James Hart and Richard Connell and it is these 2 I am trying to trace, but absolutely stuck.  So all help, thoughts and ideas gratefully appreciated.