Author Topic: Thompsons of Wednesbury  (Read 255 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Thompsons of Wednesbury
« on: Thursday 29 November 18 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Looking for any details on William and Ann Thompson (recorded as ‘Tompson’) who christened a son Richard at St. Bartholomew’s in Wednesbury in 1786. Can’t find a marriage for them, nor burials or a christening for William.

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thompsons of Wednesbury
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Some children born earlier.

Thompson born Wednesbury on Freereg
Parents William & Ann
John 30 Jul 1778 7 William 14 Oct 1778?

Plus

John 1781, Jane 1783, Mary 1785, Richard 1786,

I think this might be a possible marriage – 7 miles from above.

William Thomson to Ann Smith 5/11/1770 Old Swinford, Worcestershire

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Colin! I think I saw one in 1773 too.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 November 18 20:52 GMT (UK) »
I’ve found a probable burial for Ann in Wednesbury in 1830, which states that she was a widow. No trace of William sadly.