Author Topic: William Fitzpatrick - Three letters  (Read 184 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Fitzpatrick - Three letters
« on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am currently trying to find out more about a William Fitzpatrick, born 1889 to William Fitzpatrick and Bridget McCarthy in Killenaule, Tipperary.

Looking on irishgenealogy for marriages, I have found one possible marriage to Anna Dunne, which is attached to this post.

I cannot make out the three letters under William's fathers name. It is just to the left of his occupation.

I would appreciate anyone having a good crack at the letters and what they might mean.

thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tonepad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Fitzpatrick - Three letters
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Could be the intials CRM of the Cleric C R Murphy where he has initialed the crossings out under the name of the father.

Tony
Aucock/Aukett~Kent/Sussex, Broadway~Oxfordshire, Danks~Warwickshire, Fenn~Kent/Norfolk, Goatham~Kent, Hunt~Kent, Parker~Middlesex/Gloucestershire, Sladden~Kent, Wright~Kent/Essex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shanghaipanda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 November 18 18:27 GMT (UK) »
I think they are just the initials of the official who signed - C R Murphy.  He had crossed something out so initialed the change.

Edit:  sorry, you just beat me to it.

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 November 18 19:31 GMT (UK) »
thanks guys