Author Topic: DNA puzzle  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA puzzle
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 23:11 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

If above 60 is classed as extremely high, 261 must be "extremely extremely extremely high"

How frustrating for you to not be able to find the connection and even worse that they don't seem interested in corresponding with you.  :(

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 23:18 GMT (UK) »
I have a “3rd cousin” with a 99 cM match who matches both my kids and a maternal cousin. Know where he lives but he doesn’t reply to messages.

I have absolutely no idea how we’re connected!!!!
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline roderickpaulin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Russki it was still just extremely high
Anderson-Black-Bone-Brahant-Burnside-Cameron-Cook-Curle-Ferriss-Gilchrist-Gilmour-Goodson-Hahn-Holmes-Hodge-Kepple-Klingensmith-Lane-Laurie-Lounsbury-Malott-MacDonald-M*cGregor-M*cKay-M*cKenzie-M*cLennan-McArthur-McMillan-Meiklejohn-Melvin-Miller-Moir-Murray-Murray-Olding-O'Neil-O'Neil-Pat*erson-Paulin-Pentland-Pidgeon-Plenderleith-Redfield-Robertson-Sexsmith-Shuel-Spark-Steel-Stewart-Thomson-Torrence-Urquhart-Wardrope-Weir-Wilson-Wright.
surnames in direct line - going back 8 generations

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 15:57 GMT (UK) »
My number one match on Gedmatch, with 135.9 cM and largest segment 30.1 cM, with 9 separate segments, and I to have no idea who he/she is and what the connection might be- no response from them when I sent an email.  This is very frustrating, though I have been able to work out who the next 7 matches are, what their connection is.  I see his DNA was processed originally by 23&me (kit number starts with M), I think I am right that I cant upload my DNA file to them, unlike My Heritage/FTADna .

Having said that, I don't know the exact relationship of any of my FTDNA matches, but they are at a significantly lower level - top one is 79 cM.  Part of my problem is that I am pretty much 100% Irish in origin, though my family has been Scottish based for 150 - 200 years.  So it is an uphill struggle, for all the obvious reasons, and there are plenty of matches, but most are in US ,Canada & Australia, and few know details of family back before they originally emigrated from Ireland. I have found a few matches still in Ireland, and from where they live, and comparing joint matches I can work out which bit of my family they may be connected to, but due to the lack of independent civil records on one side, and the lack of family trees and answers to email/communications,on the other side, it is made an uphill struggle to prove any connections.
Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 December 18 20:28 GMT (UK) »
I have a 229cm match (374cm for my father) who I don't have the slightest clue who they are :-)  They haven't responded to me messages, and despite various search's using there name can't find any birth records for them.....

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex
Funnell - Sussex