Author Topic: Wiseman Bolton, died 1658, Woodbridge  (Read 967 times)

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
Wiseman Bolton, died 1658, Woodbridge
« on: Friday 30 November 18 06:49 GMT (UK) »
I haven't been able to find a baptism record for this person, but there is a family tree in FS which supplies some details about him and puts his (unverified) birth in 1620. The parents are Thomas Bolton and Mary Wiseman, married in Great Canfield, Essex, in 1618, and there are siblings Thomas, William Mary, Elsebeth, all baptised in the 1620s in Woodbridge - assuming that he does belong in this family. (The only baptism I can find in 1620 is an Annible, but different location - Stoke By Nayland - and no parents' first names given so I think she may belong in another family...?)

In FS, there's an Ancestry link, to:
"England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858 for Wisman Bolton." England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858 for Wisman Bolton. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2017. .
Notes PROB 11: Will Registers1655-1659Piece 281: Wootton, Quire Numbers 470-523 (1658) Noncupative Will of William Bolton of Ipswich, Suffolk gentleman deceased, was given by word of mouth 4 May 1658 one or two days before his death. He left his estate to his brother William Bolton, and administration was granted to this brother, when the Will was proved in London 15 Jun 1658.
- but there seems to be an error there, as it seems to show a William leaving his estate to his brother William(??).

There's also a burial from the National Index, N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2017. .
First name(s) WISEMAN
Last name BOLTON
Birth year -Death year 1658
Burial year 1658
Burial day 9
Burial month 5
Place WOODBRIDGE
Church description ST MARY

Can anyone find any other info on this person to verify details and/or establish that he belongs in this family?

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wiseman Bolton, died 1658, Woodbridge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Wiseman Bolton, Canfield in Essex, and plenty more
Suffolk Manorial Families
Bolton of Woodbridge
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1U1fv9pQA1UC&pg=PA214&dq=#v=onepage&q&f=false

John

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
From Free Reg.
Baptism. Wyseman Bolton,  13 Dec 1619.  St Mary, Great Canfield. Son of  Thomas

Marriage. Thomas Bolton/Marie Wyseman. ?1618. St Mary, Great Canfield. Groom from Woodbridge.

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 November 18 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Ah, that's great, thanks Brentor boy.  :) (I did have a look at Freereg earlier, but must have restricted the search to Suffolk, doh!)

And thanks for that too, jon! I actually have that book downloaded (in fact think that was the one that Google Books added for me upon request a couple of years ago!), but am a bit out of practice on Suffolk at the moment and I was in a hurry. That will be useful.  :)