Author Topic: Thomas Woodall  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Woodall
« on: Friday 30 November 18 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guys
   Please can someone look up the Following Thomas Woodall birth abt 1893 Coventry Moved to Doncaster  possibly to get away from an abusive father,.  He joined the Kings 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. was demobbed due to injury returned to Doncaster and worked at the Brodsworth Colliery in Woodlands Doncaster where he fell off a roof and injured his back. this search is for the purpose of  clarification
Regards
Katrina
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Woodall
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 November 18 07:51 GMT (UK) »
So you are looking for the birth alone? How do you intend to differentiate between possible(s)?
Most-likely suggested Candidate(s)

WOODALL, THOMAS       WARWOOD      1892  S Quarter in DUDLEY  Volume 06C  Page 116
WOODALL, THOMAS       WEBB     1892  D Quarter in DUDLEY  Volume 06C  Page 121
WOODALL, THOMAS       BURROWS     1893  S Quarter in DUDLEY  Volume 06C  Page 69
WOODALL, THOMAS  HAROLD     JOHNSON  1892  D Quarter in DUDLEY  Volume 06C  Page 5
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:04 GMT (UK) »
You missed one.  ;):

WOODALL, THOMAS mmn COX
GRO Reference: 1894  M Quarter in DUDLEY  Volume 06C  Page 132

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:05 GMT (UK) »
His folk’s names, Katrina?

Is this the Thomas who married Alice Maud?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Based on another of the your threads - see Ray’s reply #6 http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=763157.0;topicseen - here is his birth:

WOODALL, THOMAS mmn PEABODY
GRO Reference: 1893  S Quarter in CHESTERFIELD  Volume 07B  Page 775

His sister:

WOODALL, MARY  ANN mmn PEABODRY (sic)
GRO Reference: 1896  J Quarter in CHESTERFIELD  Volume 07B  Page 763

May I add that you yourself can search the GRO UK index or, FreeBMD. Both are free.

Jamjar

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 November 18 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Okay, now I’m confused. Having reread your post, who is this Thomas, obviously not the one who died overseas, in the war.

Katrina, the information that Pauline and I have provided, has already been given to you in your other threads, so I’m not sure what you are looking for here.

Jamjar

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 November 18 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Just for some further clarification, the Thomas killed in WW1 (14/10/1918) was, as has been mentioned before, from Stalybridge and was the son of a John Woodall and (Eve) Maria Plant (married 1890).   Said son Thomas shown on census as bc.1899 (not ca.1893) and his birth was registered Ashton under Lyne (reg. district for Stalybridge) in Sept.qtr.1898 - mmn Plant.

So, this is clearly not the man who was married to Alice Maud Neale - is it the husband of Alice that we are still seeking information about?    I'm confused too.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 November 18 11:02 GMT (UK) »
For possible elimination/confirmation:

5 April 1915 - All Saints, Owston

Thomas Woodall, 22, bachelor, Soldier.  Father:  Samuel, Miner
Alice Maud Neale, 23, spinster.  Father:  Jonathan Gregory Neale, Miner

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 November 18 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Okay Katrina you say it isn’t the Thomas, from information given by Annette, who died 14-10-1918.

Where did you get the information, born in Coventry about 1893 and moved to Doncaster possibly to escape an abusive father.?

His father’s name would be useful.

J.