Author Topic: This record is officially closed  (Read 568 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: This record is officially closed
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 December 18 02:47 GMT (UK) »
y it's possible to look at the previous record ...by pressing arrow on left of document and you'll see the  same Street and either the  house before or the same house with the parent of the blacked out "ditto" children

Hope that helps
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid MCDERMID McDiarmid Gardner Jones ,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson ,McKay

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 December 18 06:18 GMT (UK) »
Strange that my uncle who is very much alive and kicking is an open entry yet my Mother is closed
and she passed away in 2003,I also noticed his wife again still a healthy near 80 year old is also open
and on the document her maiden name has been amended to her married name which wasn't until 1959.

Sometimes this is due to the way the 1939 National Registration (39) was forced to be transcribed, only one column at a time was given to the transcribers. This led to errors of alignment when the columns were re-assembled into pages.

Many names male & female are amended on the 39 the date shown is the date the NHS was informed of the change.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 December 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
y it's possible to look at the previous record ...by pressing arrow on left of document and you'll see the  same Street and either the  house before or the same house with the parent of the blacked out "ditto" children

Hope that helps

Unfortunately not, I tried that and the other page was a different street.  I have studied maps and it could be one of 4 streets.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others