Author Topic: Reginald Such and his mystery partner?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald Such and his mystery partner?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 December 18 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Well she doesn't look like she was born 1883 in the photo, she looks a young woman in 1949 not 66 that's why I was cautious about her still being alive.

I don't know the exact years that these photos were taken, but there the clearest ones i had to post! I do have a couple of when she was older but again, the quality isn't that great! :)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 December 18 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Reginald William died 1961 as you said, same address as Esther, probate to Lucy Such spinster.

I just don't understand it at all! Its like Eleanor was kept a big secret this whole time if thats the case because when Reginald died, he was buried with Ester and then i was told that Eleanor went to America which i'm presuming is where she had stayed so Reginald was then buried with his original wife. It's all very strange :O

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 December 18 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Reginald appears to have been with Ester until her death in 1946 when he would have been 63yrs old.  He was then free to re- marry but did not do so.  He was later buried with Ester which doesn’t suggest any split prior to her death and in the absence of any remarriage Ester was not his “original wife” she was his only wife.

Did Reginald purchase her grave? You can get that info from the records office

If Eleanor was as young as you think in 1949 - Reginald was then 66.    Nothing appears to be known about Eleanor apart from her name and a possible link to America so without more info it would be impossible to find info about her.

Probate was granted to his daughter Lucy - again no evidence of a connection to Eleanor

You could buy a copy of his will to see if she is mentioned

Esther also left a will and the entry describes her as “wife of Reginald William” and he was granted probate. 

On both wills - the address is 168 Wharton Rd

Daughter Lucy died 1986 unmarried and also left a will

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)