Author Topic: creating a branch from a branch  (Read 551 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
creating a branch from a branch
« on: Saturday 01 December 18 17:09 GMT (UK) »
adapting my ancestry trees to show a more direct line for DNA .... poss contacts.

Yesterday I struggled through and added my Paternals all BY HAND - meticulously - checking as I went.. but ended up with a stupid headache...

So thought the fact that Ancestry allow you to add from one tree to a.n.other is a bonus  - so take the opportunity and do that...

It started off fine........ and I had a fair few sorted and added with no problems..
Then ......doom and gloom ........
Glitches galore......  Suddenly My Grandmother was married to her Brother in Law .....and so I corrected that (luckily I knew she never married Thomas Martin.. !!!!) 
next lot ------- mind boggling  wrong again........

I have checked and checked my tree on Ancestry that I am attempting to  'filche' from  and it shows as Correct --

then when I add fred to George 's family it suddenly shows his great uncle.. NO I am not ..... NOT checking.. I check .. checking .... so am convinced it is not me.. but 

Now I have to go into that dark room and find something stronger than paracetamols .... but not as strong as Co... cod...a... thingys   and chill for a while...

Bang goes an evening of tree building.... I will do  it all by hand...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ???

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: creating a branch from a branch
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 December 18 22:27 GMT (UK) »
I really must warn People that this is happening -   maybe it is just to me.  But I do NOT think so.

I am working on Ancestry  - I have 3 or 4 trees --- on there

And attempting to build a Direct line tree - the quickest way possible.

I thought that would be by using Ancestry's SAVE TO MY TREE option... and yes it seemed to work.

But for some reason now it is adding the correct family and then grabs a close relative and if I wasn't watching or knew it was wrong  a simple tick and it would be all wrong.

Maybe this is why so many trees are messed up... there is a 'glitch' big time. 

It is too big an area to grab a snip for you..

really just saying check check and then check..

xin