Author Topic: Help needed King family  (Read 3664 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed King family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 December 18 01:10 GMT (UK) »
The Rathdrum Registers might help finding Kate King who died in 1907 but John King, son of Kate King, was born in RATHDOWN, Co. Dublin-
http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Rathdown/
Do you think the Kate King who died in 1907 was Johns mother?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 December 18 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Why would you possibly think that the Kate King who died in Rathdrum (a married woman) be the unmarried mother of John King an illegitimate child born in Rathdown  ???
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 December 18 17:24 GMT (UK) »
My error

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 December 18 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Tks Agadowey.  I was given a slip of paper today with the info I had posted which proves to be incorrect from the aspect of father being John King & mother Kate King (nee Kelly) no wonder I couldnt find a marriage.
John King b.1906 ended up in an industrial school in Greenmount Cork.  The info I received from his 2 elderly daughters who knew nothing of his early beginnings & understandably would like to know.
Is there any way of sourcing information regarding his Mother Catherine King?
In 1911 I found a John King age 4 & Kathleen King age 5 Boarders in a house b.dublin city Living in House 4 Irishtown Lower Straffan Kildare obviously fostered out. thank you

You have John King born 24th Nov 1906  to Parents Kate Kelly & John Patrick King.... you have info received from his 2 elderly daughters who knew nothing of his early beginnings & understandably would like to know.

If they get their Birth Certs it will tell them their Father and Mother's names, and addresses.

Just look for that  Marriage which will then tell you their Father's names  and address.

Then look for them on Census....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 December 18 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Tks Agadowey.  I was given a slip of paper today with the info I had posted which proves to be incorrect from the aspect of father being John King & mother Kate King (nee Kelly) no wonder I couldnt find a marriage.
John King b.1906 ended up in an industrial school in Greenmount Cork.  The info I received from his 2 elderly daughters who knew nothing of his early beginnings & understandably would like to know.
Is there any way of sourcing information regarding his Mother Catherine King?
In 1911 I found a John King age 4 & Kathleen King age 5 Boarders in a house b.dublin city Living in House 4 Irishtown Lower Straffan Kildare obviously fostered out. thank you

You have John King born 24th Nov 1906  to Parents Kate Kelly & John Patrick King.... you have info received from his 2 elderly daughters who knew nothing of his early beginnings & understandably would like to know.

If they get their Birth Certs it will tell them their Father and Mother's names, and addresses.

Just look for that  Marriage which will then tell you their Father's names  and address.

Then look for them on Census....
u tks hallmark turns out people had wrong little info as birth for john king was found 1906 no father listed mother catherine king only. John king married early 1930's to a bridget o brien searched irishgenealogy cant see any i.wonder if its possible to track down catherine king the birth was in loughlinstown district dublin

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 December 18 18:20 GMT (UK) »
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/irish-roots.html

Talk to relatives

Deal only with facts

Develop a research plan

Record your data

Get organized

Use these free blank genealogy forms to start recording   
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/free-blank-genealogy-forms.html

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 December 18 18:45 GMT (UK) »

u tks hallmark turns out people had wrong little info as birth for john king was found 1906 no father listed mother catherine king only. John king married early 1930's to a bridget o brien searched irishgenealogy cant see any i.wonder if its possible to track down catherine king the birth was in loughlinstown district dublin
[/quote]

Probably didn't register it so.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 December 18 19:06 GMT (UK) »
I have John King born 24th Nov 1906  to Parents Kate Kelly & John Patrick King.
No father listed on birth certificate (illegitimate), mother is Catherine King-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1906/01721/1681078.pdf

Mother Kate King died July 1907 Reg District Rathdrum.
That Kate King is wife of labourer so not mother of above John King-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1907/05523/4548276.pdf
hallmark have amended original post aghadowey found civil birth

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 03 December 18 10:18 GMT (UK) »
A grand uncle of mine was in Artane Industrial School at time of 1901 census he was held there till he was 16 and then sent on licence to work for a farmer in Dublin till he was 18 got this from the Archivist at Christian Brother's.

Greenmount appears to be the Presentation Brother's so not sure who you would write to for record's but writing to Bernardo's might help you there to find if there are record's available circa 1922 age 16 to 1924 age 18.

You should also get the two ladies birth certs to help with your search.

I got the above info within a matter of a few week's after writing to the Brother's.

Dathai