Author Topic: Help needed King family  (Read 3682 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed King family
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Patrick John King a Draper,St Peter's Road,Cork ? and then in place of fathers name the word Ignotus/Iqnotus ? cant find an explanation for this word but certainly does not appear to be father's name.
Ignotus = unknown (Latin)
thank you aghadowey

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 13:54 GMT (UK) »
I have found a very interesting marriage cert in Croom 1931
Sep 1st 1931 R C Church,Ballingarry

Patrick John King a Draper,St Peter's Road,Cork ? and then in place of fathers name the word Ignotus/Iqnotus ? cant find an explanation for this word but certainly does not appear to be father's name.
To Bridget O'Brien dtr of John a farmer,Ballinahaha,Ballingarry

one of the witness's was a Lilly O'Brien
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1931/09028/5266992.pdf
great find Dathai just confirms details on Johns birth record no father recorded thank you again also for the info on Bridget.
Dathai I notice on marriage he is PATRICK  JOHN KING whereas on birth he is JOHN

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Well i suppose there are a few way's of looking at it  ie should you be looking for a birth for Patrick John King and that you possibly have the wrong birth.
You will probably find out from his children's birth certs what name he used more generally through life,i presume you or they may have a death cert to see how it is recorded there.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Well i suppose there are a few way's of looking at it  ie should you be looking for a birth for Patrick John King and that you possibly have the wrong birth.
You will probably find out from his children's birth certs what name he used more generally through life,i presume you or they may have a death cert to see how it is recorded there.
The only correct information the 2 ladies gave was his date of birth so I think this is correct also the name they gave was John Patrick (they probably had it in reverse) as you say after xmas I will delve into it & try & get more info but I am led to believe their own information is pretty scarce - it was my cousin their friend for 60yrs who suggested I may be able to help. tks again

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 04 December 18 18:20 GMT (UK) »

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Tks dathai lots of great information :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 08:15 GMT (UK) »
The only correct information the 2 ladies gave was his date of birth so I think this is correct also the name they gave was John Patrick (they probably had it in reverse) as you say after xmas I will delve into it & try & get more info but I am led to believe their own information is pretty scarce - it was my cousin their friend for 60yrs who suggested I may be able to help. tks again

If you had said his name was John Patrick at the start of this thread the marriage dathai found would have been spotted much quicker  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 11:52 GMT (UK) »
one to keep in mind from the Rathdown area
Katherine dtr of George King and Elizabeth Rochford
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Kingstown/Patrick_Street/1319334/

married John O'Brien 1908
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1908/10056/5657501.pdf

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Arran_Quay/Haliday_Square/43039/

you definitely need to get a look at the workhouse record's to see if there is anything recorded for her

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 05 December 18 14:30 GMT (UK) »

If you had said his name was John Patrick at the start of this thread the marriage dathai found would have been spotted much quicker  :-\
It is very difficult when one is handed a slip of paper with 3 names on it & a date of birth under the name of John King