Author Topic: Parish record online: where did this age come from?  (Read 1214 times)

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parish record online: where did this age come from?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 December 18 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Just keep scrolling on through the images ( see the arrow at the right of the page) and you will see a clear image showing the age...

Unfortunately on the website I’m using it doesn’t seem to appear when doing that, in fact the next right hand page suffers the same issue.

What about the one after that? Sometimes there are more than two images of a page...  ;)
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 December 18 10:40 GMT (UK) »
I did say keep on scrolling! You have to click the right arrow again - it is on the third image.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 December 18 10:41 GMT (UK) »
I did say keep on scrolling! You have to click the right arrow again - it is on the third image.

And the fourth.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 December 18 10:55 GMT (UK) »

And the fourth.

Thank you, and my apologies to Millmoor. I am new to the website and hadn’t expected to find the image so far to the right! and also wasn’t sure whether Millmoor was using the same website because I can’t mention it by name ;D. I clearly need to learn more about the way the site works, but am finding it a fantastic resource and well worth the money. (My best find on the website so far is a will from 1729, which neither I nor my dad’s cousins knew the existence of, despite many visits to the record office it is in: the index card there has obviously been missing for many years!)

ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 December 18 12:39 GMT (UK) »
of course you can say where you saw it!

I got a mildly slapped wrist the other day for mentioning a commercial site by name, and the moderator deleted my post, so I thought I’d be banned if I transgressed again. ;D

I did not see your post but I doubt it was removed by a moderator for naming a commercial website, naming commercial sites is done every day as can be seen just by scrolling through the forum indexes, it can also be shown that those threads are not removed by looking through the indexes of 2017 and before.

Perhaps the moderator concerned would like to PM me so that I could understand otherwise it seems as if certainly the three big website are favoured at the expense of the smaller websites, but I do not believe that to be the case
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 December 18 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 December 18 14:36 GMT (UK) »
There is certainly no ban on naming commercial websites.  In fact if you try to abbreviate Find My Past to F.M.P. but using no spaces or punctuation, Rootschat automatically fills it in, like so

FindMyPast

Some posters seem to dislike naming Ancestry in full, and put things like A*, but there's no need.

There was another genealogy site that wouldn't allow posters to name commercial sites, which was ridiculously unhelpful.  One of the reasons I gave up visiting it.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.