Author Topic: Looking for Descendants of Adam Scott and Janet Leithead  (Read 2172 times)

Offline ailsac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Descendants of Adam Scott and Janet Leithead
« on: Monday 03 December 18 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am compiling a tree regarding the above couple, to see if I can locate any descendants. Reason for this is I am trying to see if these MIGHT be the correct parents of my Adam Scott who married Mary Gillanders. - I have his full family details. I have had a direct male line descendant do a YDNA test as well as a number of other cousins, Aunts etc take Autosomal tests. As this will be the only way to prove a possible line back in the Roxburghshire area.

This couple had the following children:
John Scott b c1811 d 1835
Gladstone Scott b c1813 m Isabella Wilson d 1890
Helen Scott b c1816 d 1830
Thomas Scott b 1818 m Janet/Jenny Davidson d
William Scott b 1820 d 1829
Charles Scott b 1823 m Isabella Hope  d 1896
Walter Scott b c1827 d
William Scott b c1829 m Jane Hope d 1865
James Scott b c1831 d
David Scott b Sept1834 d 1835
(I am still working on gathering details about the above children)
Areas of most interest are: Cavers, Priesthaugh hill, Hawick - Majority of the boys followed their Fathers line of work as being a Shepherd. My Adam Scott states on a 1855 birth of his son, he was born in Priesthaugh hill, and his occupation throughout his life was also a Shepherd.

My Adam Scott was born c1825 and would fit into this family re time frames as well as all the family names very nicely, but I need to be able to prove it.
So going to post this on this site as well as Roxburghshire and Dumfries to see if any descendants belong and are interested in making contact to see if we can solve this puzzle.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone relating to these families.
Kind regards
Ailsa Corlett

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"