Author Topic: need a tree-builder that works  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Amberella

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: need a tree-builder that works
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 19:03 GMT (UK) »
I like the ancestry.com tree builder, is easy and seems to display well and i like the gallery feature and facts.  Problem is you can't take it with you.  MyHeritage tree is impossible to use by comparison to Ancestry.com, really, no comparison and quite broken.  FTDNA is better than MyHeritage but still not as easy to use as Ancestry.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what can be used instead of a paid-subscription to somewhere?  Easy to use, store photos and docs, tell stories.  Put onto a usb stick and sent out for xmas?

I use Family Echo myself.  I just find it is easy to use and you can plug in all your information including little notes. I also like that you can download your family tree in different formats.

Offline Yonnie3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: need a tree-builder that works
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
There's a limit implied concerning number of people in the FAQ in the Family Echo.  Are they meaning generations?  How many generations?  They don't have adoption covered in the tree.  And the company is located in Israel.  What kind of privacy laws protect US citizens in Israel?  Last time I dealt with an Israeli company, I started getting hit with DOS attacks, threats and spam.  This was a decade ago and a not so good memory, especially the threats.