Author Topic: William STANBURY born 4 Oct 1796 Hatherleigh, Devon.  (Read 825 times)

Offline JamesDMcBust

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William STANBURY born 4 Oct 1796 Hatherleigh, Devon.
« Reply #27 on: Monday 10 December 18 15:50 GMT (UK) »
I have inherited a very old part of a tree from Thomas Angell down to my mother, which, I was told was created after her father went down to London to research the information. Of Peter Stanbury and Ann Angell it states that they had 4 sons and 4 daughters 1784 - 1802 (no actual names/birth dates) just William born 1796, died 1867.  I had inserted a female unknown entry for 1784 in my tree.

I had seen the birth of Elizabeth Stanberry on 7 March 1784 at Brixham (Peter and Ann Stanbury) but had discounted it, as it was out of the area. But supposing they had for some reason started off their married life away from Hatherleigh it's possible they could have lived in Brixham.  I found a burial of an Elizabeth Stanbury on 6 May 1788 at Bere Ferrers.  The thing is, Peter & Ann were having children at Hatherleigh by then, so its unlikely that this Elizabeth could not have been theirs.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JamesDMcBust

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William STANBURY born 4 Oct 1796 Hatherleigh, Devon.
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 17:19 GMT (UK) »

[/quote]But the main reason I still think these folk are mine is the lodger, Samuel Bagshaw, living with them - he was my great grand uncle and who eventually went on to marry Margaret Ann Angel Stanbury.

Just realised the last bit is wrong. Samuel Bagshaw b.1818 married Margaret Ann Angel Stanbury. The lodger Samuel Bagshaw b.1846 in the 1851 census was the grandson of Mary Stanbury. For some reason he is staying in Haverfordwest in the household of his aunt and not with his mother, father and siblings William, Mary Ann and Sarah in Saint Mary, Pembroke.  :-\

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.