Author Topic: Obit Eccles aka Eckles Lennox died Jan-Mar 1906, Clun  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Obit Eccles aka Eckles Lennox died Jan-Mar 1906, Clun
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peggy, i assume you have found his marriage to Elizabeth (in Maghera, Derry, Londonderry) on 13 Nov 1862. Both fathers named but neither mother sadly.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Marriage was 13 Nov.1862 in Magherafelt registration district, County Londonderry. Groom's name was Eckles Lennox.
Extract on LDS site- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGXC-F3J
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thank you. I do have that marriage so I do have his father but not his mother. Of course, I am keen to know the mother not only to be sure that I have Eccles with the right James but I had a further issue with that family or another James. I have an Annie Lennox, born Mar 1, 1833, father James, who married Robert Gregg on Mar 10, 1857 in Curran Presbyterian, and then possibly died in 1915 (although someone on familysearch has dod 1904 but she is on the 1901 and 1911 censuses with Robert dying 1909). I have another Annie, born abt 1836, father James who married William Leslie on Nov 6, 1856 at Wood's Chapel, and then she died July 19, 1916 in Derrygarve (I think I have the dod correct). So I am trying to have Eccles and the correct Annie with the correct James. Hence the search for the mother of both.  I  found the death of a James who I think is the brother of Eccles and 1833 Annie who died in Scotland in 1879, wife Sarah Brown, and his  death record said father James, mother ____ Morrow. Maybe I should review all this paying more attention to religion as Wood's is Church of Ireland I believe. So  confusing  with  both Annies being born so close to each other timewise, getting married so  close to each other timewise , and dying so close to  the same date.
One of the reasons that I think Eccles and 1833 Annie are siblings is that both of their marriages are in Curran Presbyterian. James who married Sarah Brown has marriage in Maghera Presbyterian which I think is the same as Curran.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Aghadowey for marriage info for Eccles/Eckles. I see father James.
Peggy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 22:11 GMT (UK) »
One of the reasons that I think Eccles and 1833 Annie are siblings is that both of their marriages are in Curran Presbyterian. James who married Sarah Brown has marriage in Maghera Presbyterian which I think is the same as Curran.

They are NOT the same church!

Maghera Presbyterian Church- https://www.geograph.ie/photo/2299470
Curran Presbyterian Church- https://www.geograph.ie/photo/569571
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Aghadowey. I have used Google Earth and located these churches and can see their respective locations.
Peggy

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 January 19 23:27 GMT (UK) »
I just paid for the marriage record of James Lennox to  Sarah Brown and it actually took place in Curran. So  Eccles, 1833 Annie, and James all married in Curran, all had father James.
Peggy