Author Topic: Patrick DWYER abt 1818, Tipperary; died Moora, near Rushworth 1882  (Read 677 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Patrick DWYER abt 1818, Tipperary; died Moora, near Rushworth 1882
« on: Saturday 08 December 18 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Previous thread:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=707517.9;last_msg=6631016

Many thanks to ChristineR who has helped me enormously with my DWYERs and pointed me in the direction of this Patrick.

Trying to find more about this Patrick DWYER in hopes that he may be a brother of Michael DWYER, who was born 1802 Tipperary, and died 1884, Barfold, Victoria.  Michael emigrated with his wife and three children into Port Philip per ship Lysander, 1841.  I am not seeking information re Michael after his arrival.

Patrick's death certificate has these details:
1882, reg Rushworth #3201i
Died 3rd January 1882, Moora, Shire of Waranga, County of Rodney
PATRICK DWYER, Farmer, 63
PARENTS: JOHN DWYER, Farmer, MARY Dwyer, formerly RYAN - Michael DWYER's parents are listed the same as this on his death cetificate.
INFORMANT: MATTHEW DWYER, Son, Moora
Buried: 5th January 1882, Rushworth cemetery, Witnesses: Matthew Dwyer, Patrick Linnott?
Born Tipperary Ireland, 35 years in Victoria
Married in Melbourne, aged 25 years, to Ann Lynch.
Issue: Matthew dead; John dead; Mary Ann 32, James 31, John 29, Matthew 27, David 25

I cannot find a marriage for Patrick and Ann, and I'm only seeing one child's birth registration:
Victoria 1848, #41933
Matthew DWYER, parents Patrick DWYER, Ann Lynche

Patrick's will leaves all to wife Ann for her lifetime and then to the three sons, Matthew, James and John (no mention of Mary Ann or David).  I note on the probate papers and will that both Patrick and Ann made a cross rather than signing.

There is a photo of the grave at Rushworth with death of Ann DWYER, aged 62, noted as 16? Sept,  1899.  Another grave in the RC section is for James DWYER, aged 57, d 17 illegible month 1909

There's not much visible for Patrick and his family. He's certainly living in the same area as Michael and has the same parent names.  Trove doesn't seem to have any mention of his death, but dopes have a short obit for Ann

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/169719086 - 16 Sept 1899
Two old colonists lately died at Rushworth.
One was Mrs. Dwyer, who came to the colony in 1841. With her late husband, she was well-known in the Ovens, Wangaratta, and Kilmore districts prior to the discovery of gold, when they went to Bendigo, finally settling at Rushworth in 1856.

None of which helps me searching for some parentage/origin/immigration for Patrick!
Too many DWYERs called Patrick, Michael, James, John ;D

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick DWYER abt 1818, Tipperary; died Moora, near Rushworth 1882
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 December 18 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith,

Have you eliminated the Dwyer arrivals on the Kate in 1850 ... In the single males there's Patrick aged 30 and a brother Edmund, aged 38, both from Tipperary... 

http://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?series=NRS5316&item=4_4790&ship=Kate%20[1]

JM  ADD Kate arrival Port Jackson (Sydney NSW)...  :)
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.