Author Topic: Trefun familes, mid XIX c.  (Read 2115 times)

Offline BradyCMH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trefun familes, mid XIX c.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 December 18 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your help.
Comparing the 1851 with the 1861 census, Henry and his wife appear not to be able to make their minds up about their age!

Mike
HOLLINSHED, BRADY of Orford, Suffolk, Essex, Woolley, Stockport & London; THURSTON, SYER, CRABBE, ALLDIS, RIPPER, BATTALAY, BATELL. CHANDLER of Suffolk; PARR, &LAKE & LONG, Essex; WIKE, of Bury, London & Canterbury; OPENSHAW, ORMEROD of Bury, Lancs; BROTHERSON of St. Croix; MANGNALL & CUNLIFFE of Stockport; BEECH of Broughton; BARNETT, INGRAM of Lincs & Cambs; BRODIE/BRADY  North East Scotland; PAGE, GRAY, McKENZIE, McDOWELL, HOLT & MARTIN N.Ireland

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 December 18 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Indeed!  ::)

Burial 29 April 1884 in Llanrhian Henry of Trevine is noted as 72, but the only baptism online at this time is 19 August 1804 son of William & Sarah in St David's. No sign of this Henry later.

:-\
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline mrs.family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 March 19 22:22 GMT (UK) »
There is a Tegan grave at Berea - let me know if you want the photo?

Offline BradyCMH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 10:44 BST (UK) »
I would very much appreciate a photo of the Tegan grave you refer to, thank you.

Strange, isn't it?, that a labouring family should have had the money for a gravestone.

Is there much evidence connecting this grave with the Tegans we have been discussing?

Mike Brady
HOLLINSHED, BRADY of Orford, Suffolk, Essex, Woolley, Stockport & London; THURSTON, SYER, CRABBE, ALLDIS, RIPPER, BATTALAY, BATELL. CHANDLER of Suffolk; PARR, &LAKE & LONG, Essex; WIKE, of Bury, London & Canterbury; OPENSHAW, ORMEROD of Bury, Lancs; BROTHERSON of St. Croix; MANGNALL & CUNLIFFE of Stockport; BEECH of Broughton; BARNETT, INGRAM of Lincs & Cambs; BRODIE/BRADY  North East Scotland; PAGE, GRAY, McKENZIE, McDOWELL, HOLT & MARTIN N.Ireland

Offline mrs.family

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 21:42 BST (UK) »
'Ere you go, a nice clear photo.
The Tegans were a St Davids family as well - somewhere in the back of my memory is a Capt Tegan.......
x Elaine

Offline BradyCMH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 April 19 08:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your trouble, Mrs Family.

I wonder what it was that "he could and did"!

I had noticed  the St.David's Tegans but have not yet been able to connect them to the Trefun family.

No Tegans left in the BT phone book for the area, and grave not attended: end of the line I wonder?

Da bo i chi.  Mike Brady