Author Topic: Fritche  (Read 825 times)

Offline Nick93

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fritche
« on: Saturday 08 December 18 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, all. I was wondering if anyone is related to the Fritche family of Derby? I've been having a very hard time finding any information about them. I had always thought Fritche sounded like a German name, I don't know how common it is in Derby.

In 1765 there is a marriage between George Fritche, "trumpet of the Blues," given as his occupation, marrying Elizabeth Mills, and then their son, George Jr., married Isabella, daughter of Reverend John Froude.

I *think* he's the same Lieutenant George Fritche mentioned in the London Gazette of 1813 being promoted to captain in the Derby militia, but I'm not sure.

https://books.google.com.ua/books?id=YR1KAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA875&lpg=PA875&dq=captain+george+fritche+derby&source=bl&ots=Q6RUcrlA7q&sig=083nwPAYdS_u01ax7s7MhrwyJ90&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjm6rTdw5DfAhXmlIsKHVL2D2gQ6AEwAnoECAMQAQ#v=onepage&q=captain%20george%20fritche%20derby&f=false

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any information about the Fritche family, I guess "the blues" refers to the Derbyshire Blues unit? And also the Mills family in, I assume Derby, or if my assumption is right that George Fritche is the same one in the Derby militia in 1813.

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fritche
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 December 18 07:15 GMT (UK) »
You might like to join Derbyshire FHS. By coincidence, there is an article about the Fritche family in the latest quarterly magazine.

Offline Nick93

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 December 18 12:33 GMT (UK) »
You might like to join Derbyshire FHS. By coincidence, there is an article about the Fritche family in the latest quarterly magazine.

Oh, thank you, how much is membership, please, and to access articles like that?

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 December 18 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Oh, thank you, how much is membership, please, and to access articles like that?
You will find the details on their web site, https://www.dfhs.org.uk/