Author Topic: Should I just bin all my reserach and forget about it?  (Read 12679 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Should I just bin all my reserach and forget about it?
« Reply #117 on: Monday 10 December 18 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Thank you for the kind comments.

All I was trying to say (as mentioned also by Louisa Maud), everyone has had some upsets and we are sorry to hear how hard some knocks in life were and currently are to bear. Feelings can be up and down some days.

Regarding your research PharmaT,

Don't allow one or several very upsetting comments, to overtake all that good you have accomplished in your research, over many years.

Just look at all those things you have found out and how pleased you were, the thrill, the excitement, when you discovered this or that about your family, in documents, or other sources, for your Tree.

You know the efforts you have put in, the places and sources you have visited and looked at, far better than some of us ever will!

Everyone can be proud about their personal discoveries made about their family, that to me is the greatest thrill in family history!

Mark

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Monday 10 December 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Some great advice has been given on this thread which hopefully will help PharmaT through this hard time.

I think we are all interested to know how you are feeling now PharmaT. I see you have been logged on but have not returned to this thread. (hope you are ok)

An idea which may or may not be useful:
Would it help you feel better if you contacted the person who upset you, to assure them that after some consideration you are confident in your research and your research methods, and ask them to refrain from interfering in the future. Might saying something along these lines make you feel in control and maybe put them in their place?

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 00:01 GMT (UK) »
BushInn - Mark...

I'm so sorry for your loss of one so young and at that particular time, it is always very hard to come to terms with as it's not the right order of how it should be.
You are in my thoughts and I too will think of you on NYE.

On the flip side I lost my dear father when I was 21 and felt his passing profoundly- he was with me for months afterwards protecting and guiding me as I tried to come to terms with life without him. After about a year I suddenly realised he was no longer by my side and I guess that was because I had picked myself up and was getting on with my life. I had been married for 6 months before he died and my husband was very compassionate over that time too.

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Caroline
Mark